Party Time!Thursday, June 05, 2008
It's party time, ladies!
So play with all that glitz, glamour and sparkle you have been craving for and give in to opulence and the fairy-like shimmer dreams. Here are some tips and ticks to use, next time you do makeup for the party:
- Light base, foundation and cover assists you in highlighting your lips and eyes and also keeps you fresh all through the sweaty dance numbers.
- For a good base, wash you face with warm water and massage it with a tinted oil-free moisturizer mixed with illuminating products such as highlighters or shimmer dust available in the market. Let it set by brushing loose powder lightly on it.
- Skin illuminators are great at hiding skin imperfections and dark circles and give you a radiant glow.
- Smokey eyes are great for evening parties and make you look sexy and sensual at the same time. You are not limited to using gray or black. On Iya, I kept the smoky eye look light by using lilac and sparkly silver and loaded up on mascara instead!
- For more informal parties, you may use subtle play of colors; daytime makeup looks and may add a little eye shimmer or minty green as an accent. Omit the luminous makeup and may try a blend of pale pink and green shades.
- Remember, your personality and confidence matters more than you looks, so try the makeup only if you are comfortable with it.
- Rubbing ice on your skin for 5 to 10 minutes before applying makeup helps your makeup to last longer.
- Golden, bronze and silver liners add festive touches to your makeup instantly.
- For office parties, sheer use of blush can make you look dressy and yet polished.
- Pearly brown, gray and pink lip colors look classy and subtle at the same time.
Photographed by: Raymund Isaac
Hair and Makeup by Sabs Hernandez for Lancôme Paris
Shot in Portfolio Studio