FAST FAST MAKEUP FIXES!Monday, June 29, 2009
Try these quick-fix tips to keep you looking great everyday!
* Lookin' tired? Mix a little liquid shimmer into a few drops of foundation for a fresh, awake glow!
* For extremely dark under-eye circles, mix a little blemish concealer with your under-eye concealer for maximum coverage.
* If you do not want to invest in a separate spot concealer, dip your concealer brush into the leftover foundation that is a bit dried up in the cap. It's thicker than what's in the bottle and you can layer it on the spots!
* If you are extremely bothered by your dark circles, shift the focus by playing up another feature, like your mouth. Wear bright gloss to draw attention from your under eyes.
* BLUSH OVERLOAD! If you've applied too much blush, this should help: If you're dealing with a cream blush, take a makeup sponge, place a drop of foundation on it, and with tiny upward strokes, buff over your blush to soften the color. If you used powder blush, do the same with a dry sponge.
* Black mascaras make more of a statement and gives you that extra "umph!" Keep an eye out for formulas with smaller brushes; they offer control for faster application and fewer clumps.
* Save time by turning a cream blush into a two-in-one product. Blend the cream blush on the apples of your cheeks then dab the same color onto your lips for a quick natural look.
* Make the whites of your eyes pop by applying sapphire blue pencil along the inner rims.
* Greasy creases? Before starting your makeup routine, prep your lids with a little mattifying gel. This will also make the colors you apply on top stay true longer.
All photos from Sabs Hernandez photo archive. Makeup by Sabs Hernandez