One of the best things about gel eyeliners is that you can use any brush you want with them. Either use the obvious brush -the liner brush, or the angled liner brush (which I personally use), lip brush for thicker application (avant garde), etc. These gel liners truly are versatile.
|Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink, PhP 1,450|
Just make sure that you keep the pot's lid nice and tight so that you can avoid it from drying up!
Instead, place the pot in a zip lock bag and submerge it in very hot water. You can boil water and transfer the water in a bowl, but think twice before placing the eyeliner pot in the microwave! Some gel liner pots may have metal lids so this may cause the bottle to explode, or worse, the microwave itself! So, keep safe everyone!
Bobbi Brown's gel liner stays put even under warm running water.
I ran a finger back and forth several times to try and rub some of the liner off a bit but it stays put!
- You can use any type of brush.
- Won't rub off.
- Perfect for creating the cat-eye look.
- You can control the thickness of the line.
- Very smooth and glides on easily you don't have to tug on your skin.
- Not as convenient to carry around and re-apply towards the end of the day.
- Takes a little practice to get used to it.
- Cannot use on waterline unlike pencil eyeliners.
- Dries rather quickly so mistakes have to be corrected ASAP!
- It glides on smoothly so you need a steady hand to avoid making too much mistakes.
The eyeliner look that is taking the runways by storm: Double Wing Liner. Very "haute" this fall (pun intended LOL), it's very wearable during the day! Just pair with a very nude lippie as to not make your whole look too avant garde.
|Runway photo of model from FashionFill.com|
The double liner photo above actually gives the illusion of a double lid, or making your eyes seem more deep-set than they actually are. I created my own version (a simpler one) of the double wing. Get the look in two easy steps!
1. Do a flip on your lower lash lines, as you would on your upper lash lines.
2. Draw a flip on your upper lash line making them nice and even in length.
I like using the Bobbi Gel eyeliner because it's very smooth. It glides on smoothly on your skin and dries very quickly so you don't need to keep your eyes closed just to give it time to dry! I do recommend applying gel liner on powdered skin, so lightly dust your lids with powder if you are not using eyeshadow.
So, do you dare to wear this look? What do you think ladies?