Sport the Double Wing Liner Using Bobbi Brown (Product Review and How To)Tuesday, September 24, 2013
#trends #howto #productreview
One of the best things about gel eyeliners is that you can use any brush you want with them. Either use the obvious brush -the liner brush, or the angled liner brush (which I personally use), lip brush for thicker application (avant garde), etc. These gel liners truly are versatile.
|Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink, PhP 1,450|
Instead, place the pot in a zip lock bag and submerge it in very hot water. You can boil water and transfer the water in a bowl, but think twice before placing the eyeliner pot in the microwave! Some gel liner pots may have metal lids so this may cause the bottle to explode, or worse, the microwave itself! So, keep safe everyone!
- You can use any type of brush.
- Won't rub off.
- Perfect for creating the cat-eye look.
- You can control the thickness of the line.
- Very smooth and glides on easily you don't have to tug on your skin.
- Not as convenient to carry around and re-apply towards the end of the day.
- Takes a little practice to get used to it.
- Cannot use on waterline unlike pencil eyeliners.
- Dries rather quickly so mistakes have to be corrected ASAP!
- It glides on smoothly so you need a steady hand to avoid making too much mistakes.
The eyeliner look that is taking the runways by storm: Double Wing Liner. Very "haute" this fall (pun intended LOL), it's very wearable during the day! Just pair with a very nude lippie as to not make your whole look too avant garde.
|Runway photo of model from FashionFill.com|
I like using the Bobbi Gel eyeliner because it's very smooth. It glides on smoothly on your skin and dries very quickly so you don't need to keep your eyes closed just to give it time to dry! I do recommend applying gel liner on powdered skin, so lightly dust your lids with powder if you are not using eyeshadow.