Eye Spy Mondays: Sky-High Eyelashes (Product Review, How-To, and Giveaway)Sunday, October 27, 2013
#eyespymondays #giveaways #productreview
Are you ready to blast off with Maybelline's The Rocket Mascara? I have been waiting for this mascara to become available ever since I heard it was coming to Manila. And luckily, I got invited to the launch so I had first dibs on the newest mascara from the Maybelline mascara line.
|Maybelline The Rocket Mascara, PhP 449.00/tube|
Comes in a chic electric blue tube with pink accents just made this mascara desirable. Again, you know me, sucker for good packaging!
Same shape of tube with the existing mascaras now so no need to re-learn how to hold your mascara.
The mascara brush is completely different from all the other mascaras that Maybelline has! It has close and tightly arranged bristles that makes coating the lashes easy, and this avoids clumping.
Its' brush is something I have never seen before. I think it was made to do width and length. Here are the results:
- I applied 3 coats: pausing to rest for 1 minute after each application. There was no clumping!
- Even though I wore it the whole day, my lashes didn't feel heavy.
- Doesn't smudge as much.
- Available practically everywhere!
- Coats each individual lash very well and evenly.
- Easy to handle.
- It felt a little bit sticky when you press your lids together tighly.
- The fumes irritated my eyes, it made my eyes water, and stung my eyes. But disappeared after about an hour. Of course, this is just me since my eyes are really sensitive to mascaras.
- It didn't hold my lashes' curl.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★☆☆
To exaggerate my lashes and still wanting the natural look, I used 3S Pre-glued Lashes. I love these because they are not made with plastic or synthetic hair. They look very natural even with this kind of length! You can get these from Beauty and Minerals!
|3S Pre-glued Lashes in Majestic, PhP 250.00/pair|
I lined my eyes with black eyeliner using COVERGIRL's Liquiline Blast in Black. I used 3S Pre-glued falsies in MAJESTIC, and applied 3 coats of ROCKET mascara to blend my natural lashes with the falsies making it look very natural. This adds length too!
For my lips, I applied MAC's Girl About Town only on the center of my lips and pressed my lips together to create a stained, ombre lip look. And that's it!
So here's how you can win this fabulous head piece and ring set! Just simply follow these guidelines, terms and conditions and you can be the lucky winner!
- Like Maybelline's and Sabs Hernandez' (not my personal account) FB Fan Page.
- Create your own ROCKET makeup look. You do not have to use Maybelline's mascara, just create a look on your impression on The Rocket mascara.
- Do a selfie and post the photo on Maybelline's Wall with this caption: "Check out my Rocket look. I want to win Maybelline's THE ROCKET mascara from The Makeup Maven!" Don't Forget to tag me so I can see your entry!
- Follow my social media accounts on Instagram, Twitter, Google+ or GFC. You can follow all or just a few.
- Giveaway is open to Philippines residents only (Metro Manila or Provincial).
- Winners will be announced on November 30, 2013.
- There will only be 1 winner.
- For the winner, we will send the prize to you via available courier, so please provide a legit delivery address when we announce the winner. Delivery charge will be shouldered by the winner (via bank deposit). No meet ups.
- Winner will be notified via FB announcement in Sabs Hernandez's Fan Page, and an email will be sent to the email address you provided so make sure that it is valid and that you check your email and FB Page regularly on November 20, 2013-onwards.
- The winner who does not respond to the email in 3 days from the time of the sent email, a new winner will be picked from the pool and be notified immediately via email.
- Once the winner is notified, the winner should provide a scan or photo of PROOF OF IDENTITY (Picture ID) that you in fact exist.
- Please do not flood my email asking if a winner has been picked already. Winners will be announced on www.Makeup-Maven.com on November 30, 2013, or via email.
- Sweeties, please play fair. Some participants would unfollow and re-follow in Instagram, FB, Twitter, Google+, or GFC just to earn more points. If you are already a follower, please skip that entry. Violators will be disqualified (and that would be a bummer on both our ends) Thanks! You're awesome ;)