Tress Viernes: Anti-Damage Hair MaskThursday, October 24, 2013
Friday is all about hair day! Hence, welcome Tress Viernes! My first post under this hashtag is having a home hair repair mask with Schwarzkopf's Ultimate Repair Anti-Damage Mask. It's labeled to be for very damaged, dry hair.
|Schwarzkopf Extra Care Hair Repair 150ml, PhP 194.00|
What got me interested is the liquid keratin treatment. Although the ingredient is located almost at the bottom of the list, it still sparked my curiosity.
If you have been reading my posts, you would have read that I applied my previous mask on dry hair. I haven't written about this but during my second hair masking treatment using Vidal Sassoon, I shampooed my hair using luke warm water. I dried my hair until it was damp and I applied a generous amount of mask on my hair from roots to tips.
I ran out of plastic wrap so I used foil. It seemed dumb at that time but after I rinsed my hair with cold water my hair was so soft, bouncy, and frizz free. Even though I put hairspray, I can comb through my hair easily. I don't know if the foil had something to do with it, but it was worth trying again.
So this time, I used foil, and with the setting set to low heat, I "heated" the foil for 5 minutes moving from front to back, and side to side.
- Very creamy. It's surprisingly easy to spread, even without using a wide-tooth comb.
- Easy to rinse off, even with cold water.
- My hair was light and not greasy but a little coarse.
- Made my hair shiny.
- The ends of my hair is a little dry but it didn't have that broom texture anymore.
- It's too fragrant. Smells like coconut and vanilla, two scents that I am not a big fan of. Even after it has been rinsed and dried, it had a really strong scent.
- A little pricey for a small pot. With my length, this pot is good for 3 treatments. More or less PhP 65.00 per treatment.
- A little bit sticky. Make sure that you wash your hands well after applying on your hair.
- There was no change with the texture of my hair. It wasn't smooth, unlike the one from Vidal Sassoon.
- My hair already felt heavy and oily just after a day and a half. Even though I do not wash my hair everyday, this is unusual. My hair usually stays light and oil-free for 2 days.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★☆☆☆