Getting Even with Happy Skin (Updated 2.4.14)Tuesday, November 26, 2013
As most of you have already heard, Happy Skin has been launched in Manila and it has taken it by storm with their uber girly packaging and skin-benefiting cosmetics!
At the event, I was able to sample their entire line (swatching mostly), but I got to take home one of their foundations, a blush, and 2 lippies.
I just got back from NY so this is my first official product review post. First item to try is their liquid foundation. I ran out of foundation as well so perfect timing!
|Don't Get Mad, Get Even Hydrating Liquid Foundation in Soft Beige 30ml, PhP 999 each|
"This silky formula glides on naturally and diminishes the appearance of fine lines, discoloration, and wrinkles, making you enviably smooth and supple."
Happy Skin says:
"This liquid foundation is loaded with Japanese tea extract and hyaluronic acid to plump & smooth skin. It has natural skin-balancing properties that absorb oil, while keeping skin hydrated and fresh. It also provides a veil of UV protection and SPF 20 PA++. Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin."
At the event, they allowed us to exchange the products we got to shades that would best match our skin but I wanted to try whatever shade was given to me for reference (since they know their product line more than me). I received this foundation in Soft Beige.
I love the packaging I must say. Their containers are made in Japan, so they're very sturdy and truth be told -very classy. If I didn't know anything about the brand or if I randomly saw it in the mall, I would have guessed that it was an imported brand. Something like Paul & Joe maybe. It had that "look".
The nozzle makes the bottle very hygienic because of the pointed tip. I personally prefer pump bottles because the amount of product is controlled and it never ever touches your finger.
Swatching it on my hand, it seemed that the shade was too light for me. But I immediately loved the texture. I'll get to that.
As you can see below, some of my pores weren't concealed. I had to pat product on the area to conceal the pores. Some of my pimple scars weren't hidden that much too, I wasn't worried though because I was still going to use powder to set.
The shade may look too white for my skin but I am very acidic. Products turn at least 1 shade darker on my face so this shade is perfect for me.
I indicated that the photo is in it's raw form. I just resized it and brightened up the photo since it was already getting dark. You should be able to see the effect of the foundation clearly.
This is how the foundation looks when it is set with powder foundation. I used Maybelline's Clear Smooth All In One Shine Free Cake Powder with SPF 25. This is the foundation powder I use now, and I am loving it so far. Coverage is fantastic and I can use it alone.
For my cheeks I am using my very own blush from SNOE called SABStance Blush in JUST, mixed with a little bit of bronzer to give my pale skin some warmth.
And for my lips, I am using REVLON Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in Brilliant Bordeaux.
- Really does glide on like silk on the skin.
- You do not need a whole lot of product to cover your entire face and neck area.
- Feels very light on the skin and non-sticky!
- Doesn't cake or puddle.
- Gives a beautiful dewy finish after a couple of hours.
- Doesn't have an offensive strong fragrance.
- Provides UV protection.
- Non-oily. It actually absorbs oil!
- Non-comedogenic! I love products that don't clog pores!
- My skin looked absolutely radiant and flawless even without retouching towards the end of the day.
- Lightweight! This foundation feels like second skin. Doesn't weigh your skin down.
- Hides fine lines and wrinkles (shriiiiiiiek!) yes, I do have them already and this foundation didn't emphasise them, it actually hid them!
- Immediately adjusted to my skin tone just after a few minutes.
- Fragrance free. Great for sensitive skin!
- Melts into the skin when applied with fingers.
- Available in only 3 shades. But Pinays are easier to match foundations with their naturally yellow undertones.
- A little bit pricey for 30ml.
- Fragrance Free. I love my cosmetics to have at least a little bit of fragrance to mask the chemical-y smell, but some women do not mind.
Not easily available for now. Plains and Prints stores only. Hopefully they will have a stand alone shop soon!Now available in Rustan's and Beauty Bar Stores!
- As with all makeup products, when I apply it close to my eyes, my eyes tend to water because they are sensitive to the fumes. I applied this product on my under eye area and my eyes immediately began to water, and continued to water until I washed my face. (FYI, this is why I do not use concealers, and only a chosen few mascaras) -*This is limited to me because my eyes are very sensitive.
- Doesn't cover pores quite easily. You have to layer it on a little bit by patting more product in that area.
|Creators of Happy Skin Cosmetics, partners Jacqu Yuengtian-Gutierrez and Rissa Mananquil-Trillo|