Dress-Up your outfits with Maybelline's Bold Matte Lipsticks!Monday, December 02, 2013
I think lippies make or break your entire look. You can skip everything else on some days and just dress up your face with a great bold lip color and you're good to go!
Maybelline's Bold Matte lippies are here! Actually, they've been around a while but it's only now I had the opportunity to dissect and review each one. I have always loved Maybelline. They're very affordable and they have fantastic pigments!
So, let's see how their Bold Matte will fair.
|Maybelline Bold Matte Lipstick, PhP 399.00/each|
The lipsticks look creamy more than it does dry like normal matte lipsticks. The shades look bold from the tube.
The formula however glides on like lip balm. The finish is more creamy velvet than matte. The first swatch is a singe swipe, and the second swatch is 3 swipes to get the full effect of the lipstick.
Before we begin, let me tell you that I love Maybelline. They have more hits than misses from the very start. This review shouldn't be the sole basis of your decision to purchase these lipsticks.
- The lipstick is not drying. Unlike most matte lipsticks.
- Available in all leading department stores, drugstores, and supermarkets. Basically everywhere!
- Shades are very bold.
- No strong perfume smell.
- This lipstick line is very moisturizing.
- Perfect for girls who are just starting to wear makeup.
- Very affordable!
- Because of its creamy/balmy texture, it is not long wearing.
- Needs several swipes on the lips to get the full lip color.
- Looks more glossy than matte.
- If not set properly, it bleeds.
- Shades are similar with each other. Except MAT 1.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★☆☆
I gave this product line a 3 star not because it's not good. I think that the pigment is good as long as you layer it, and it's not as matte as I hoped it would be. Hence, the 3 star.