Happy Sabs with Happy Skin Lippies!Monday, December 16, 2013
Today is a special day... and why you may ask? It's because I get to open and use 2 new lippies and share them with you! Lipstick is one of my favorite makeup products of all time because they make or break your entire look, specially when they have the right formula; and with clever and cheeky names for lipsticks, it's impossible not to fall in love with these chubby little thangs!
|Happy Skin Shut Up and Kiss Me Moisturizing Lippies, PhP 499.00/each|
I was blessed to receive 2 lipstick shades that I'll be able to use, and that suit my skin tone.
The lipstick tubes' colors depend on the shade of the lipstick. The name of the lipstick is printed on the tube itself and not just printed on stickers which make the lippies so first class.
The 2 shades I chose out of 6 shades are First Kiss and Girls Night Out. I was attracted to the pink shade because bright pink lipsticks always lifts my mood and brightens up my face. Remember ladies, when you choose the right shade for your tone, it should brighten up the face!
Happy Skin says:
"Whether torrid or tame, your lips will say it all! This Happy Skin Shut Up & Kiss Me Moisturizing Lippie is sure to help you make that smackin' statement. This lip-loving moisture stick is loaded with Shea Butter and Collagen to get fans to line up for a taste of those supple, hydrated, and ultra-kissable lips. High-pigmented, and moisture-packed, this lippie glides on irresistibly smooth (without the stickiness!) and leaves behind a rich, creamy pout that's way tempting to kiss."I agree with all the claims they said in their site. These lippies are incredibly smooth and silky when you apply it on your lips. They glide on like balm but are highly pigmented!
The darker shade however, needs to be applied in several layers to get the full shade of the lipstick. My lips were also a bit dry so the lipstick looked splotchy and patchy.
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
- Highly pigmented.
- Smooth and silky formula.
- The stain lasts but the luster fades when in contact with surfaces (coffee cups, drinking glass, etc.)
- Available in 6 shades that complement most skin tones.
- Easily available! The brand is now available in Beauty Bar!
- Very moisturizing.
- Does not bleed.
- No need for lipgloss! It has a beautiful, natural shine.
- Easy to control and handle.
- Unscented, makes it great for women with hyper sensitive skin.
- It's long lasting because of the high stain, but doesn't dry the skin and make it flake.
- Not transfer/budge proof.
- Can easily smear if applied too thick.
- It doesn't remain pointed forever. The tip will eventually even out.
- I would love a little fragrance on the lippie.
- Hmm... Can't think of any!
I rated a 5-star because the NEUTRAL observations I have indicated aren't really that important. I just wrote them for reference, but it's not a crucial trait to have in a lipstick.