Revlon's Cherries in the Snow LippieWednesday, December 25, 2013
Just when I thought I didn't need anymore lippies to add to my lipstick collection 27 of which haven't been reviewed yet, I discovered Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipstick in Cherries in the Snow. That's why I don't like going to the cosmetics counter when I am in shopping mode during the Holidays, I see so much new makeup and I end up buying them on a whim.
Not that I'm complaining though, I truly love this lipstick and it has already been justified by me why I needed another lipstick. Hahaha!
|Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Cherries in The Snow, PhP 450.00|
Housed in its classic black and gold casing, the look is just classy and "expensive". I have always loved their case because it's doesn't look and feel cheap.
I never really benefitted from the clear topped tube, but it's actually quite helpful when your lippies are in lipstick holders. You can just take a peek on which shade you are looking for. But of course, when you will still have to check the bottom label because light doesn't get through it that well so it's still a little hard to see.
You can see that even with just a single swipe, the lipstick is very pigmented! The color really comes to life with 2 or more swipes on the lips. The lipstick is creamy and has a little shine to it but not exactly glossy.
Here are the swatches after I rubbed my hand using wet wipes! I rubbed several times and the pigment is still seen.
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
- Lipstick formula is moisturizing.
- Long lasting. Lasts 6-7 hours (or more) without retouching. The shine will eventually disappear but the pigment/stain will still be there.
- Makes teeth look whiter!
- Easily available anywhere.
- Comes with matching nail lacquer.
- Does not bleed!
- Shade is not seasonal. You can sport this shade no matter the season!
- Can brighten up the face.
- Fragrance free.
- Top part of the tube is transparent so you can easily see which shade you are picking from the bunch or your vanity kit.
- Does not cause lips to flake.
- Very easy to remove with lip makeup remover.
- Could have a little teeth transfer if you apply too much on the inner part of your lips.
- If you are "morena" and have warm skin tone, this lippie is not for you. But if you are "morena" with cool skin tone, this will go beautifully!
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★