Getting Ready for Spring with Revlon Smoky Shadow StickThursday, January 09, 2014
If you don't already know, I love Revlon's Smoky Shadow Stick. I think they're very convenient and you can carry them around for instant evening looks, specially when you're a gal on the go. I have several of these, and I can create so much looks by bringing just 2 or 3 of these.
These shadow sticks from Revlon have been around in the market for at least a year but I take my time to review each product I receive.
|Revlon Colorstay Smoky Shadow Stick in Flare Ardent|
Since this was given to me by Revlon, I will update my blog post on the price as soon as I find out.
I can even create bridal looks using these Smokey Shadow Sticks because of the pairing of the shades. They match dead on so the colors really complement each other.
On either end, one is more blunt than the other. The more rounded tip is for applying as base color.
And the more pointed tip is for applying more precise lines like the side-V on the lids, the lash lines, and the creases.
I love the lavender shade of this. I just wish it wasn't this pearlized though because eyeshadows that reflect too much light can make the eyes look more puffier than they actually are.
Apply the base eye shadow from your lash lines up to your crease.
Use your ring finger to blend the edges of the base eyeshadow so there are no harsh lines visible. Your ring finger applies the least pressure on the skin around your eyes so use this finger for blending.
With the darker shade, draw a side-V on the outer corner of your eyes and draw a thick line on your lash lines.
Blend the shadows together with your ring finger until you won't know where the colors begin and end. Extend the side-V towards the crease to create depth.
Apply 2-3 coats of your favorite mascara and don't forget to line your eyes to create a soft smoky look. Also, draw a thin line of the darker shade on your lower lash lines and blend well to create a soft smoky look.
Finish with a stain on your lips or a light colored lipstick to complement your smoky look.
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
- Smooth and silky formula. Glides on the surface of the skin smoothly.
- Easily blendable. You can blend the two shades easily together.
- Most available sticks complement both warm or cool skin tones.
- Compact! You can bring 2 sticks and create a wide variety of looks.
- Available everywhere.
- Lasts the whole day! Perfect for working gals.
- Easy to use, no need for sharpeners.
- Does not dry out easily.
- Does not crease or crack on the skin.
- It doesn't feel heavy on the skin.
- Suits whatever age! Whether college girls or yuppies!
- If you don't want to use your fingers, you can use brushes to blend them too!
- May feel greasy at first on the fingers, but I guarantee it is anything but!
- Very versatile -may be used for a day look or an evening look.
- No matte shades available. That would have been so cool!
- I wish they will come up with more shades.
- All shadow sticks are shiny. So this may not be suitable for women with chinky eyes or puffy eyes, it will make their eyes look smaller or their eyes puffier.
Will I recommend it? Yes.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★