Maybelline's Lip Polish Collection by Color Sensational (Swatches and Review)Monday, January 20, 2014
If there's anything I love, it's lipstick and lipgloss. I think they also contribute in making or breaking the entire look you are trying to achieve. They also bring the face to life! I just got back from a week-long Baguio trip after New Year and when we got back, I had this waiting for me.
So imagine my surprise when I opened the paper bag and found out that Maybelline finally came out with their very own pigmented lipgloss! The past glosses they have were child's play compared to this one. Allow me to say THANK YOU to Maybelline!
|Maybelline Lip Polish by Color Sensational, PhP 349/each|
I absolutely love their packaging. When you don't know what they are, from afar you would think they're lipsticks because of the lipstick-shape bullet inside the container but it's actually lip gloss.
The next shade you are about to see is my first favorite: POP6 I love it because it is slightly pigmented and I love bold lip color.
There is something about this shade too: GLAM5. The shade reminds me of orchids and I just love it's slightly pearllized finish. I think it's uber girly!
The next shade you are about to see it also one of my favorites. It's a deep magenta that is pigmented so you can wear this shade alone. (GLAM6) This is also in my list of favorites.
GLAM15 is just a tinted lip gloss that you can use on top of nude lipsticks. As you can see on the swatch, the pigment is easily wiped off when you glide the wand on top of your lips.
Below is also a favorite. Again, it's pigmented and you can use it alone! It's a deeper shade of red compared to POP6 which makes this gloss perfect for a night out on the town!
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
- Glides on silky and smooth.
- Protects the lips like balm.
- Wide variety of shades to choose from!
- Readily and easily available everywhere.
- Extremely moisturizing.
- Non-sticky feel.
- Soft velour applicator makes it easy to apply on the lips.
- High shine!
- I like the small size, it makes it easier to finish so you can try more shades!
- Sleek/Chic packaging design.
- Girls (women or children) of all ages can use this gloss!
- Better if the shades are names rather than codes, easier to remember.
- Some shades come off uneven on the lips.
- Not transfer proof.
- In time the velour applicator tip can feel a bit soggy.
Will I re-purchase? Yes.
Will I recommend it? Yes.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★