My thoughts on Shiseido's IBUKI Softening ConcentrateFriday, January 17, 2014
FINALLY!! I get to write about Shiseido's Ibuki Softening Concentrate! I finished my ZA Toner about 2 weeks ago and I was finally able to open a new bottle of toner to use and review. Yay! When the IBUKI line was first launched, every wrote about the entire line. I wanted to take my time to get to know each product in that line so that I can make a very thorough review. I am a bit late for the IBUKI party but here are my thoughts.
I have been using this toner for 2 weeks and I must say, I am loving this toner!
|Shiseido IBUKI Softening Concentrate 75ml, PhP 1,600|
Packaging wise? Of course it is top notch! Very classy and sophisticated! Although the reflective box makes the information very hard to read.
Since it's called "Softening Concentrate", I had to Google which one from their skin care line was the toner. Since the packaging didn't include the word "toner" everywhere, I was confused. I also read the how-to at the back of the product and I noticed that it is to be applied after cleanser.
And because it's not labeled as "toner" I had to wing it (before I turned to Google). I had to test the consistency first and it didn't feel like a toner. It was more like a gel moisturizer or a serum. So for those of you who are still confused, yes, this is their toner. (Can I say "toner" more? LOL)
I love the bottle it comes in. This is the first toner I have used that has this kind of packaging. You know, the one with a spout. Usually, toners come in those bottles where you tap the top to a cotton ball/pad for it to dispose some product. I think this one was great thinking.
The consistency is like runny gel. That's why I had to double check at Google if this was in fact the Ibuki toner because it had an unconventional consistency (and packaging). However, I do love it because it's very easy to control.
Since it was a gel type, I was uncomfortable about using it without applying a refreshing toner feel first. You know what I mean? Regular toners have that alcohol feeling. So what I do is that I apply a regular toner first and then I apply this toner with a cotton pad. It acts like a moisturizer!
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
- Extremely moisturizing -immediate results!
- Has a no-mess, no-fuss spout that dispenses the right amount of product you need per use.
- I love how clean it smells! It's not exactly fragrance fee but it smells absolutely divine!
- Its gel-like consistency makes it very easy to control and be applied on the face.
- Targets to brighten dark spots!
- Available in Shiseido Stores, and is readily available.
- Instantly moisturizes dry skin and rough skin.
- Soothes itchy dry spots on the face.
- Removes excess oil and dirt without the stingy feeling!
- Gives that moist feeling that lasts the whole day!
- Light enough to be used during the day, before makeup.
- May be applied with bare hands or with cotton.
- One pump is more than enough for the entire face and neck area.
- Is said to brighten dark spots on the face.
- My skin is noticeably softer and more supple.
- Gives the skin a "glow".
- Expensive/Pricey. But then again, it IS Shiseido.
Will I re-purchase? Yes.
Will I recommend it? Yes.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★