Bigger, Brighter Eyes with Pixi Eye Bright Liner!Sunday, February 02, 2014
I have heard of Pixi before but to be completely honest, this is the first time I owned any of their products. At a Pixi event last week, I learned about their awesome products that is perfect for achieving the "just beautiful" look. I love products that promote natural looking makeup and not makeup that looks like MAKEUP (whatta whatta?)
One of the products that I received from the kit is their Eye Bright Liner which quickly turned into one of my favorites.
|Pixi by Petra Eye Bright Liner in Nude, PhP 840.00|
Lining your eyes with white eyeliner or even a concealer pencil is the oldest trick in any makeup book to make your eyes look wider and bigger. It makes your eyes look brighter and more awake specially on those morning-after hangovers and you need to look awake for that meeting.
Although using those white liner eye pencils can look too sixties or dated, and concealer pencils wash away fast so you need to keep retouching. And that's what makes this pencil special, it's specially made for that purpose and most importantly, it's waterproof.
This brand aims to bring out the natural beauty in women. Products that are made to enhance, and not to hide beauty behind all that thick makeup. This is my kind of makeup brand. I just love beauty enhancing products! Makeup is supposed to enhance, not to hide. Ok, I am starting to sound like a broken record. You get the idea. LOL
That is my makeup style. When I do makeup for my clients, I make sure that they still look like themselves.
The pen is slick and thin, very easy to handle. It's light and compact, and it has a protective cover so that the product that goes to your eyes is protected.
It's an automatic retractable pencil so you don't need to bring sharpener with you when you need quick touchups. You just have to twist the pencil and the product pops out.
It has the consistency of a creamy, regular eyeliner. It's not smudge proof but smudges is the least of your problems with this type of liner! You have to apply this eyeliner with a light hand.
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
- Highly pigmented.
- Not limited for use on the waterlines! You can use it on the inner corners of your eyes and just smudge a bit to make the inner corners of your eyes look bright!
- Your skin benefits from the makeup while you're wearing it!
- Skin-hugging makeup. The makeup looks very natural.
- Easy to use.
- No need for a sharpener.
- Compact and portable.
- Lasts more than 6 hours (tried & tested on humid conditions)
- Perfect for either fair skinned women or morenas as well.
- Hides tired eyes real well!
- Brightens up the face.
- Makes the eye scleras look whiter and brighter!
- Non-irritating. Didn't make my eyes water.
- Very economical! You don't need to use a while lot of product each time you use it!
- Looks very natural, unlike white eye pencils that look a bit dated.
- Not yet available everywhere.
- Pricey. (I put this under Neutral and Cons because some women don't care about this, and some don't like expensive products)
HOW I USE IT: After I applied my mascara, I lined my waterlines with Pixi's Eye Bright Liner to make my eyes look bigger and brighter! I also used this product to line my cupids bow and stippled with my finger to remove any hard lines. This makes the lips look a bit more poutier.
Will I re-purchase? Yes.
Will I recommend it? Yes.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★★