Summer Look with Bobbi Brown's Holiday Collection Shimmer Brick for Eyes!Monday, February 10, 2014
I love Bobbi Brown makeup. They have so much makeup that promotes healthy, natural looking makeup! And now, this palette brings you that once again! I love this palette because it's very compact and you can create so many looks with it!
Remember, shimmer is not only for the evening! Shimmer during the day can give your eyes a glow. Just don't overdo it. Ha!
|Bobbi Brown Limited Edition Shimmer Brick for Eyes in Sequin, PhP 2,700|
Check out how compact that is! And the fact that it's black and it's Bobbi Brown, it just screams luxury and prestige.
This palette contains a lot of pastel shimmer shades that's why I was saving it for summer. It may be a holiday collection but this palette is very versatile, you can use it during the day or the evening. Love it!
Just look at those gorgeous pastel shades! These shades suit either dark or fair skinned women too! It's subtle colors make them very easy to pair up with each other.
I applied a wash of the C shade on my lids from lash lines up to just below the crease.
And with a definition eyeshadow brush, I contoured my creases with the H shade.
With my ring finger, I gently blended the edges of my applied eyeshadow to remove any hard lines.
I just love how my eyes have just a tiny hint of color and yet it still looks very vibrant and fresh! You don't need a whole lot of color to look polished. Sometimes, the tiniest of color can make a louder impact!
On my face: Happy Skin Don't Get Mad Get Even Foundation in Soft Beige, Maybelline Clear Smooth All in One Shine Free Cake Powder in Natural, K-Palette Lasting 2Way Eyebrow in 02, ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder, Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick for Eyes in Sequin, Covergirl Liquiline Blast in Blue Boom, Colour Collection Vitamin E Matte Lipstick in Vintage
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
- No skills required! Because the shades are very subtle, you can apply and just blend the edges and the shadows look very well applied.
- Consistency is very silky and smooth.
- Versatile! Goes with either dark or fair skinned women!
- Can be worn during the day or night.
- Can be matched with matte eyeshadows to create beautiful smokey looks.
- I love how you can use some of the eyeshadow shades for highlighting the brow bones and the cheek bones.
- Long lasting! The eyeshadow lasts the whole day.
- Not very pigmented. (Some women like their eyeshadows to be very pigmented)
- Too much shimmer can make eyes look puffy.
- The pearl finish reflects too much light and could make women with chinky eyes look smaller and puffier.
- Holiday collection only, may not be available anymore.
HOW I USE IT: Use a short square eyeshadow brush to apply the base eyeshadow from the lash lines up to the crease. Choose a darker eyeshadow to contour your creases and the outer V of the eyes. Then with your ring finger, use it to blend the edges to create a smooth eyeshadow look.
Will I re-purchase? Yes.
Will I recommend it? Yes.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★★