Go for dewy skin this summer with MAC's Perfect Topping Mineralize Skinfinish PowderWednesday, March 19, 2014
I have been obsessed with dewy skin for as long as I can remember. I love that it makes skin look very healthy and supple as opposed to uber matte skin. This of course is my personal preference.
I have been on the look out for a powder that would give me the look of dewy skin without the added sparkle and shimmer. You gals have no idea how long I have been looking for a product that gives this kind of effect. Thank you so much MAC for this! I am so happy!
|MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Perfect Topping 9g, PhP 1,800|
(Click READ MORE to know more...)
Very compact too and it doesn't easily break. Believe me, I tried. I remember dropping my MAC powder foundations (the ones I use for my pro kit) several times before it finally gave out and broke.
This MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Perfect Topping Marble Powder is part of the FLOWERS OF SPRING COLOUR collection by artist Steven Sebring which is available now in stores this Spring.
If you look at the swatch on my hand, it gives an iridescent finish that gives the skin that wet-skin look. Not greasy looking! There's a difference. Most Filipinas are afraid of dewy skin so they go for matte, matte, matte! And to be honest, dewy skin is so in right now... and forever! Unless you're a bride or someone who will be in front of a camera where matte is always better.
Instead of a sponge, I use a fluffy, short haired round brush so that the finish won't be too thick. Using a brush will give a more natural finish.
Instead of just applying the Skinfinish powder on the forehead, chin, nose line and cheek bones, I used it to set my liquid foundation instead. The result is positively radiant, glowing, and very bright! I am just in love.
I don't recommend it though because it could look a little bit too shiny for your taste. I personally like it, but for everyone else, a touch on the central part of your forehead, the top of your cheekbones, on the center of the nose and the chin would do just wonderfully as well. A touch of radiance, a subtle illuminated appearance without looking like the tin man. LOL
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
- Just a little product can set the whole face.
- No shimmer or glitter. Gives a natural looking dewy, healthy looking skin.
- Gives a very soft, silky, velvet finish that sets liquid foundation perfectly.
- Doesn't cause liquid makeup to cake!
- You can add to apples of the cheeks to make them pop!
- Lasts a while.
- Looks very natural if applied with a light hand using a brush.
- This year's Perfect Topping is much better than the 2009 collection.
- Buildable, each swipe of your brush picks up the right amount of product only.
- Can be used for highlighting.
- Apply under the eyes to brighten up the area.
- Can go a whole day without retouching.
- Available in a few shades only.
- No mirror and brush included.
- Currently part of a collection, so I don't know how long this will stay at the counters.
- Wish they can come up with more yellow tones instead of pinks.
HOW I USE IT: Tilt the tube and allow product to fall into your fingers. Apply on your wet face and gently massage on your skin until formula becomes thick. Wash with luke warm water. Pat dry your face, never rub with a towel!
Selling Price: PhP 1,800
Purchased For: Gift from MAC
Will I re-purchase? ABSOLUTELY, YES!
Will I recommend it? Yes.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★+