My raves about Colour Collection's Ultimate Wear Lipstick! (Review and Flash Giveaway)Monday, March 24, 2014
One of the best lipsticks I have ever tried that doesn't go above the PhP 300 peso mark is Colour Collection. I am in love with their lipsticks because they are creamy, moisturizing, and the pigment is high but doesn't have that cracked look or give a splotchy finish.
|Colour Collection Ultimate Wear Lipsticks, PhP 350.00/each|
(Click READ MORE to know more...)
Housed in these chic, slim packaging, what's not to love? I know some women who are very into packaging (like me) and I am just loving Colour Collection's Ultimate Wear Lipstick's packaging!
These new Ultimate Wear Lipsticks shades are just to die for this summer. To tell you the truth, I rotate them. I use a different one every day regardless of what clothes I am wearing because they are so versatile!
Here are the swatches on my arm. These are 2 swipes each not because the color is not that pigmented, I swiped it twice to make a wider swatch. Which one's your fave from these swatches? I instantly fell in love with Temptress.
Here are the swatches after rubbing my arm with makeup remover! You can see that the color stuck to my arm in spite of me rubbing it with a cotton pad soaked in makeup remover. You can just imagine the staying power!
Now with that being said, I only chose one to swatch on my lips because when I attempted to remove the first swatch on my lips, there's a lit of pigment still left on my lips and it just messes with the shade of the next swatch so I didn't bother continuing. Hahaha!
And it's no surprise that it was Temptress that I swatched on my lips. You can see that the lipstick is highly pigmented. It's really more creamy that it is glossy but I had to use some lighting because I was shooting this photo at night. But if you blot this lipstick, you will be left with a highly pigmented matte version.
The look I am doing is inspired by the runway look at Old Navy's Launch Show last week. I immediately fell in love with the look: Strong, bold, and bright blue eyeliner with bright led lipstick. Never did I think I would choose these 2 colors to go together but it actually worked real well.
The look was very fun, nautical, and summer-ready!
|Runway look at the Old Navy Launch Fashion Show|
I am loving this nautical look! Very fresh, but at the same time, FUN! It's very easy to play around and update your makeup look by adding a splash of bright color. Project using colored eyeliners this summer instead of the good ol' black eyeliner. Trust me, it will make you feel lively!
ON MY FACE: Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation, BenNye Banana Luxury Loose Powder, MAC Riri Blush Duo in Hibiscus Kiss, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Perfect Topping Powder, K-Palette Lasting 2WAY Eyebrow Pencil, Covergirl Liquiline Blast Eyeliner in Blue, Eye of Horus Mascara in Black, Colour Collection Ultimate Wear Lipstick in Temptress.
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
- Highly pigmented!
- Can last more than 8 hours without retouching.
- Glides on like balm.
- Extremely moisturizing. Non-drying!
- Shades available will suit any skin tone and color.
- Transfer proof (when blotted)
- Will look beautiful even on flaky, dry lips.
- Mechanical tube clicks when twisted, locking the product in place as to not dispense too much product, avoiding breakage.
- Shades change every season so these shades may not be available for the next collection.
- Available only via direct sellers/Tupperware sellers.
HOW I USED IT: This is optional because it really is long lasting, but for extra insurance, blot and reapply twice. Your lipstick will last with high-pigment the whole day.
Retail Price: PhP 350.00
Purchased For: Gift from Colour Collection
Will I re-purchase? Yes.
Will I recommend it? Yes.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★
- Giveaway is open to residents of the Philippines only (Metro Manila or Provincial).
- Winners will be announced on March 28, 2014.
- There will be 3 winners, each winner will receive 2 Ultimate Wear Lipsticks chosen in random, no 2 shades will be the same, winners will be chosen in random using Rafflecopter.
- For the winners, you have to provide us your complete email address, phone number and address so we can contact you and have the gift pack shipped to you. No meet ups.
- Shipping will be shouldered by the winner. A fee PhP 100 shipping fee should be deposited to my personal account which will be provided together with the notification email.
- Only 1 winner per household.
- Winner will be notified via FB announcement in Sabs Hernandez's Fan Page, and an email will be sent to the email address you provided so make sure that it is valid and that you check your email and FB Page regularly starting on March 28, 2014.
- The winner who does not respond to the email in 3 days from the time of the sent email, a new winner will be picked from the pool and be notified immediately via email.
- After you have responded to the notification email that you have won, you have 3 DAYS to make a deposit so we can ship your item ASAP. Winnings not claimed after 3 days will be forfeited and raffled off to someone else.
- Once the winner is notified, the winner should provide a scan or photo of PROOF OF IDENTITY (Picture ID) that you in fact exist.
- Please do not flood my email asking if a winner has been picked already. Winners will be announced on www.Makeup-Maven.com after March 28, or via email.
- Those who follow and will eventually unfollow, and then follow again just to get points will be disqualified.
- Sweeties, please play fair. Some participants would unfollow and re-follow in Instagram, FB, Twitter, Google+, or GFC just to earn more points. If you are already a follower, please skip that entry. Violators will be disqualified (and that would be a bummer on both our ends) Thanks! You're awesome ;)Thanks for reading gorgeous friends! Good luck and let's all just have fun! (Please be patient... Rafflecopter may take a few seconds to load...)