My thoughts on Bobbi Brown's Blush in BerrySaturday, April 05, 2014
I am very picky when it comes to blushes. I think with any makeup look, blush is the craziest to prefect in terms of shade, texture, and finish. With eyeshadows, you can go for any shade because the area you are putting them on is not as big and as exposed as the area of where you apply your blush.
When it comes to choosing texture, I love blushes that go on smoothly and doesn't streak, and I don't like too much pigment. Higher pigmented blushes make it harder to blend.
|Bobbi Brown Blush in Berry, PhP 1,400|
(Click READ MORE to know more...)
Just by looking at the blush, it looks very pigmented. The texture however, I couldn't tell (of course!) I'll get on talking about the texture shortly...
This blush is Berry #34, which is a very deep berry shade. I love how deep and berry-fic this blush looks -looks good enough to eat! I love deep shades for blushes!
Very compact, this baby can fit anywhere and accompany you everywhere!
Now let's talk about texture. When I swept my finger over the product in 1 stroke, my finger picked up a lot of product already and when I swatched it at the back of my hand, it was highly pigmented and felt a little bit chalky, velvet smooth but chalky.
Naturally I was surprised because Bobbi Brown has always created such natural looking makeup. The shade is gorgeous! I know this shade would complement my skin tone and color properly but I wasn't sure about the texture.
Here's a side view of the blush on my face, you can see that some parts are splotchy because I was trying to blend it out. But the more I tried to blend it, the more it piled on and the more the blush was very obvious. I tried to lightly wipe the area with facial tissues but the blush has already settled on my cheeks, refusing to budge.
So I had to use liquid foundation to mute the blush, and apply loose powder. The blush is now more acceptable! It looks very natural now, and the shade is just WOW.
Length of usage before review: 3 attempts. 3 days.
- Beautiful shade!
- Highly pigmented.
- Wide range of shades to choose from.
- Easily available.
- No need to build the product to get the full color.
- Shade is exactly what is on the pot.
- Affordable for 3.7g highly pigmented blush.
- Velvet-smooth formula.
- No need to use too much to get full color!
- 3.7g will last you a long long time.
- As soon as you get used to controlling it, you'll fall in love with the formulation.
- Some people would find this pricey.
- Hard to control, but you can get used to it.
- Possibility of the blush looking splotchy is high if you use with a heavy hand.
- A little chalky in texture.
- Blend-ability is very low. In other words, hard to blend.
Retail Price: PhP 1,400.00
Purchased For: Gift from Bobbi Brown
Will I re-purchase? Maybe. Will keep using it first.
Will I recommend it? Maybe. Will keep using it first.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★☆☆