Paula's Choice: Skin Balancing Invisible Moisture GelMonday, March 31, 2014
Imported brand, Paula's Choice have a lot of skin care they should be proud of. Although they can only be bought online in the meantime, they have a good range of products available already in Manila. When they launched last year, I got this moisturizer from them and I have been dying to try it out after hearing about the brand left and right.
I have been keeping it in a cooler (yes, I have a special cooler for my cosmetics. LOL) to preserve it. And now I can finally give it a try! I used this product for 2 weeks so that I can see the full effect of the product. It usually takes me 2 weeks to review skin care.
|Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Invisible Finish Moisture Gel 60ml, PhP 1,120|
It has been proven that gel moisturizers are great for oily skin. I am not exactly oily, but my T-Zone oils up as soon as I step out of the house so I am a little bit pissed about that. I don't like mattifying products that much because when your skin gets over-dry, it sends a signal somewhere on your skin thinking that you're not producing enough oil so it compensates and over -produces it! So that's why I believe that the oilier you are, the more you should moisturize, or at least balance your skin with Skin-Balancing products like this one!
Sealed for your protection. I love that they are very keen on safety. You'll never know, right? The only concern I have about Paula's Choice though, if their skin care is catered to Asian skin, specially Filipinos. We have a different climate here than in the US so I wonder if these products are made specially for us, or if we just have the same range of products as in the US.
As all gels come, it has a gel-like consistency (duh!), almost like a primer. It's not clear, it has a frosted kind of substance.
A velvety silky-ness feel to the texture, it glides on almost like primer! Except this product doesn't stay long on the surface, it gets absorbed pronto way deep beneath the skin.
I love that it's very easy to use and it's not messy. It also doesn't leave a sticky feeling to the face! It's like you didn't even put moisturizer because your skin becomes matte. If you take a look at the photo below, you can see how matte my face is. No shiny traces anywhere.
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
Length of usage before review: 2 weeks
- All-in-one product for normal, oily or combination skin.
- Can be used for the face and for the eye area as well. No need to use a separate eye cream.
- Gentle on the skin.
- Can be used before makeup.
- Guaranteed free from fragrance, dyes, and coloring agents.
- Doesn't leave a shiny, wet residue on the surface of the skin, ideal for foundation application.
- My pores seem smaller somehow.
- Skin doesn't seem to oil that much anymore. Skin is more "balanced".
- Reduced the redness of my face.
- Preps the skin, smoothens the surface for foundation application.
- Doesn't take a lot of time to get absorbed by the skin.
- Skin looks visibly plumper than usual. My skin looks awake and more "alive".
- No annoying fragrance.
- Controls sebum production.
- Stimulates collagen.
- My skin looks firmer and my eye bags seem "tighter".
- Fine lines are reduced.
- No breakouts!
- Gel-like consistency. I like creamy moisturizers (personal preference).
- Not easily accessible. Available online only.
- No sun protection. Consistency may be light but you still have to use a sunblock before this product.
- It doesn't say if it's good for women with dry skin.
Retail Price: PhP 1,120.00
Purchased For: Gift from Paula's Choice.
Will I re-purchase? Maybe.
Will I recommend it? Yes.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★☆