WHAT'S HOT: Covergirl's Lipperfection Jumbo Gloss BalmMonday, March 17, 2014
This is pretty exciting ladies, COVERGIRL has finally brought lipperfection to Manila! I have been dying to try this ever since it was given to me as a gift from COVERGIRL, but it has only been launched last month so I couldn't post it yet! But girl, oh girl -it's now here and it's here to stay!
|Covergirl Lipperfection Jumbo Gloss Balm No. 200, PhP 330.00|
(Click READ MORE to know more...)
Sheer color and soft shine, I guess you can say that it's really more like a balm then? At this point, i haven't swatched or used it on my lips yet so I didn't know what to expect.
It's your typical mechanical type of tubie that you can twist at the bottom and the product goes up. I don't like to put it too high because I don't want it to accidentally break. We have a humid climate so products tend to soften so take extra caution for breaks!
I was supposed to draw a heart or my name when I was sawtching this but it was almost next to impossible because of how sheer this product is. It has a soft, very subtle hint of color which will give your lips a natural "I-just-went-on-a-kissing-marathon-with-my-guy-hence-the-pinkish-lips! look.
I used a lipstick underneath the balm otherwise you really won't see anything. I used a pale matte lippie, and topped it with COVERGIRL's gloss balm. You can see how subtle the gloss is too! It doesn't have that "I just ate lechon" look.
I don't know why the photo below showed shimmer on the lips. LOL but it doesn't have shimmer. It's basically just a balm with a whole lot of possibilities.
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
- Glides on smoothly.
- Natural, healthy looking soft shine.
- Can be topped on top of matte lipsticks.
- Conveniently available in SM Watson's.
- Moisturizing! Keeps the lips moisturized for hours.
- Doesn't dry or chap the lips.
- Unscented, safe for sensitive skin.
- Safe for girls or teens.
- Not too shiny.
- Complements all skin tones, color, and type!
- Perfect for women who would want to wear something on their lips but don't like the heavy feel of lipstick.
- Tint doesn't mess with the shade of the lipstick that you would be using.
- You can use this under your lipstick to prep your lips.
- Perfect for hot, dry days this summer.
- A little bit more pigment would have been nice.
- Not enough pigment to cover lips with pigmentation, or darkened lips.
Will I re-purchase? Yes.
Will I recommend it? Yes.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★