Collection 2000 Colour Match Foundation ReviewWednesday, April 30, 2014
Looking for a foundation that match can be tough. A lot of women are intimidated when it comes to foundation shopping so they opt for not wearing any at all. But if foundations are made to "adapt to one's skin tone and color", then choosing foundation should be a breeze.
So, let's see shall we? I find that judging by the look of the shade on the bottle, I thought this foundation might be about half-shade darker than my skin. The bottle is heavy and is made from thick frosted glass.
|Collection 2000 Colour Match Foundation 30ml, PhP 399.00|
I received the NATURAL shade which I was told was yellow-based. It's their middle shade out of three shades so I guess this is more fitting for me out of the three. I think the lightest maybe too light.
It comes in a pump-type bottle, which is crooked, by the way. LOL I tried fixing it but it won't budge so don't judge the product by it.
On my hand, the shade seems half-shade darker than my skin which I predicted. But since I grew darker this summer, the shade was perfect! It has a slightly more runny consistency than cream which is always best for this climate. Cream is too thick for humidity, but it works wonders on dry skin.
It's not exactly liquid too! But anyway, it has the right consistency in my opinion.
When you spread the foundation, it actually masks the fine lines which is good. It creates a smooth, even surface. Some foundations may contain ingredients that make it hard for it to blend easily onto the skin.
I used my Canmake Cheek Brush in applying foundation, which by the way, is my favorite brush for foundation right now. It applies seamless!
This is what I like to do with foundations now to test its flexibility on the skin. It may seem funny but you will see how flexible the foundation really is when the skin on your face moves around.
In my case, It's basically around the eye area so I would have to apply foundation around these areas with my fingers by patting (like you would with concealer) product into the area. Allow 5 minutes for the foundation to properly seep into the skin before setting with powder.
- Slightly watered down creamy consistency makes it very easy to glide onto the skin.
- Smooth texture!
- Yellow based, which suits most undertones.
- "Melts" into the skin giving a dewy, natural finish.
- Covers blemishes very well!
- Medium-full coverage conceals under eye discoloration.
- Contains a unique skin tone adapting technology.
- Contains sun protection.
- Does not cake or crease when set with powder.
- Long-lasting coverage.
- Did not make my skin too oily.
- Great packaging!
- Can be used by young or mature skin.
- Easily available. More stores!
- Extremely affordable!
- Contains Oxybenzone* -although approved for use in sunscreens and cosmetics, some people do not like this chemical in their products.
- Only three shades available.
- Ingredients list not found on bottle and in their website.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★☆
Retail Price: PhP 399.00
Purchased For: Gift from Collection Cosmetics
Will I re-purchase? Yes.
Will I recommend it? Yes.