Have the confidence to 'Reach High' with DOVE Deo!Monday, April 28, 2014
At the DOVE Summit I attended a few weeks ago, I learned that Filipinas are afraid to lift their arms and expose their armpits. I mean, I feel that too! But if there's a product out there that would care for the skin for our underarms, then we will have the confidence to "reach high".
Our underarm skin gets damaged each time we shave, pluck, or wax -it usually takes a week for the skin to heal from the trauma, but because we have to shave or pluck every other day, our skin doesn't have enough time to heal itself. The constant friction from the razor and the pulling of the skin causes the skin to darken as well because each time you pull on that area, a layer of skin goes a long with it. Hence, the rough, dark armpits.
|DOVE Original Whitening Deo Stick 40g, PhP 170.00|
So, before we move on let me tell you that I am baring my underarms for all of you, so brace yourself!
- When shaving your under arms, did you know that 30% that you shave is actually skin?
- Waxing can expose new skin cells, irritating the skin making it dull, dry, and darker?
- Plucking the hairs off your underarms makes it more prone to ingrown hair!
- Whatever method of hair removal you use, a layer of skin goes along with it leaving your underarms raw and exposed. Since our armpits do not get air and remains moist, the constant friction of skin on skin will eventually darken the skin.
My preference ever since I was in high school is deodorant sticks. I love that there is no drying time, and it doesn't stain the armpit area of your clothes!
The DOVE deo stick has a small arrow pointing to which direction you should twist the bottom part to dispense the product.
I am not really sure if the plastic cover on top of the product is a protective seal that you keep or you can toss it after you open it. I never bothered keeping them ever since because I never really found a use for it. But if it's or keeping the DOVE contamination-free, then you should put it back on after using your deo stick.
The creamy stick is firm enough. It won't break easily even though you put pressure on it. I don't like deo sticks that crumbles when you use them.
I am not much of a roll-on user because I always found them having to be dried in front of an electric fan before you can get dressed. Ha! I also found that when it gets really hot in the afternoon, my underarms moist-up and the deo becomes sticky and stains my clothes in the inside. Although some people swear by roll-ons. To each his own!
|DOVE Original Whitening Deo Roll-On 40ml, PhP 95.00|
|DOVE Original Whitening Deo-Spray 169ml, PhP 195.00|
DAY ONE: The day after I got home from the DOVE Summit, I took a photo of my underarm and immediately used the DOVE deo-stick because I want to see how long it will take to make my underarms look nicer.
You can see from the photo below that my underarms look dark and looks very rough.
DAY 15: Two weeks later, you can see a lot of improvement on my underarms! It appears lighter and smoother. Some of the rough, thick lines are starting to smoothen out and lighten as well!
Length of usage before review: 25 days
- Whitening that works!
- Fast results, smoother and whiter armpits in just 7 days!
- Pleasant powder-y, classic DOVE fragrance.
- Fresh smell lasts all day.
- Mild and Gentle on the skin.
- Loaded with moisturizers that will protect your skin from friction.
- Heals damaged skin from shaving, plucking, and waxing fast!
- Speeds up skin regeneration.
- Not only is it visibly smoother, but feels smoother too!
- Long-lasting protection from sweat and body odor.
- Does not turn white when it is mixed with moisture.
- No drying time!
- Spreads transparent on the skin.
- Chicken skin from plucking is smoother.
- Easily accessible.
- Available everywhere!
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★+
Retail Price: PhP 170.00
Purchased For: Gift from DOVE
Will I re-purchase? Yes.
Will I recommend it? Yes.