Sweet Pastels with AVON True Color Eyeshadow QuadSunday, April 27, 2014
I love pastels eyeshadows, and since we're in a tropical country, we can wear as much pastel shades as often as we want. Just some of the perks of not having seasons I guess? Ok, so I am currently addicted to pastels because they look fresh and can brighten up the face, and light up the eyes.
I received this eyeshadow quad from Avon last year and I have been using it a lot. Of course, being the OC me, I take photos of all the products I receive before I use them. I have had these photos in my archive for months and I am finally able to take a photo of my favorite pastel look that I recently wore to an afternoon event.
|Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Pastel Sweets, PhP 449.00|
(Click READ MORE to know more...)
What I love about Avon's packaging is their sleek and professional looking case. And not just for their makeup! In their other products too. Extremely affordable cosmetics but the packaging is of top quality.
I previously posted a look using another quad consisting of gold, brown and bronze. You can find that HERE.
The texture is smooth and non-chalky. It glides on smoothly too. It takes a few swipes to get the pigment that you want though but its lasting power is pretty good. On the photo below, I had to build the shadow three times to get them this pigmented so that it will appear on camera.
You can wear all four shades like what I did here, or you can wear them each on their own, by using just a whisper of color on your lids (I learned that term from my makeup artist friend Archie Tolentino. I just love that word, "whisper").
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
- Buildable colors.
- Very easy to blend.
- Can be used altogether or each on their own.
- May be used for the day or night.
- Will suit morenas or tisays perfectly.
- Compact! Comes with a sponge applicator and a mirror for touch ups or for travel.
- Fall-out eyeshadow is minimal.
- A single swipe of your brush or sponge applicator will pick up enough color for applying.
- Pigment is low.
- Shades are best for cool-toned skin women only.
- Available only via direct sellers.
- If you apply it on its own (without eyeshadow primer or cream eyeshadow as base, it lasts only for about 4-5 hours.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★☆☆
TIP: To make the eyeshadow last longer on your lids, you can use an eyeshadow primer, or cream eyeshadows that are of skin color and layer the eyeshadow on top.
Retail Price: PhP 449.00
Purchased For: Gift from AVON
Will I re-purchase? Yes. But will try other quads.
Will I recommend it? Yes.