Thoughts on Clarence SPF45 Matte Finish SunblockFriday, April 25, 2014
Sunblock is the single most important skin care you
can should own. Harsh UV rays are very harmful and can cause premature ageing of the skin. Booo! Yah, I know right?
So any innovative sunblock that comes out in the market, I am totally in on it to try. I received this mattifying sunblock from Clarence and I haven't tried anything like this yet. It is SPF 45 so it is ideal for maximum protection too for the face.
|Clarence SPF45 Matte Finish Sunblock 250g, PhP --|
(Click READ MORE to know more...)
The Clarence Matte Finish Sunblock comes in a simple white pot like this. It's mixed by hand by dermatologist and Clarence Slimming and Dermatology Centre by Dr. Joan Morallo. I love skin care mixed by dermas because you can be sure that the skin care you're getting isn't just milk. LOL
The pot is actually protected with a tamper-proof plastic seal. And the inside has a protective cover that so that moisture, dust and whatnots doesn't get in, so try not to lose it if you do decide to buy this.
I was actually surprised that the sunblock has a tint. I didn't know that it had tint so I was delighted too because maybe the coverage will be good enough to be used on it's own. To preserve the freshness of the product, I do not double dip on the pot. I use a plastic spatula to scoop just the right amount of product.
It has a weird texture actually, it feels a bit like a liquid to powder finish foundation, a little chalky. This is my first impression. It has a velvet-feel when you rub it between your fingers.
It gets absorbed pretty quickly, and the finish is powder-y. Exactly like cream to powder finish. I am not really a cream to powder finish fan, but I wanted to give this a chance.
So, here is me before applying the sunblock. I have some acne scars that are already starting to disappear. I took these photos during my Estee Lauder Treatment so I still had acne scars. But anyhoo, let's see if these unwanted scars will be covered.
After applying with my fingers, you can see that most of my dark spots are still seen but slightly covered. If you are a little bit OC about these things, I suggest using foundation on top. Let's see how it will look with liquid foundation.
The finish is more dewy and more natural looking. It doesn't look dry so I like it. Although I applied too much liquid foundation, meaning, I applied the regular amount I would put without sunblock, as it turned out it won't be nice because as a result, it will streak. So keep the liquid foundation to a minimum.
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
Length of usage before review: 1 month
- Matte finish lasts for hours (4-5 hours)
- Does not make the skin feel tight and dry.
- Controls the oil of your face.
- High SPF to prevent premature signs of ageing.
- Maximum UV protection.
- Covers minor dark spots and acne scars.
- Acts like tinted moisturizer and sunblock.
- Fast absorbing.
- Masks redness on the skin.
- Skin feels hydrated.
- Allergy tested.
- Dermatologist made and tested.
- Contains pure and potent ingredients.
- Perfect for all ages, well, except infants, toddlers or tweens!
- A little bit hard to apply on the face because of the heavy cream texture.
- Shade is too light. Shade does not blend on the skin even after it is absorbed.
- Available in Clarence clinic only in Makati.
- Slightly creases in the under eye area.
- When mixed with foundation, face becomes too white.
- When too much foundation is used, it becomes streak-y.
- Feels heavy when used with liquid foundation and powder on top of that.
- If you have morena skin, this may look gray on you.
How I use it: If you have a spatula for skin care, the better. Scoop only a small amount of product and spread evenly from the nose going outward towards the hair line and jaw. Don't forget the neck area!
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★☆☆
Purchased For: Gift from Clarence
Will I re-purchase? Yes. If there will be more shades available.
Will I recommend it? Yes. For women who do not like to wear makeup, or minimal makeup.