Tone with Licorice Extract from Godiva Skin CareFriday, April 04, 2014
People who know me well know that I am obsessed with toner. If there is one thing I invest well in, it's toners. Well, one of them. Toner are important not because they "close" the pores, which is a common misconception. Toners are meant to remove excess makeup, oil, dirt, and whatever else is there on your skin after you cleanse. That tight feeling you feel after toning is not the pores closing up, but because the skin is well cleaned, hence the tight tingling feeling.
I have been wearing a lot of makeup lately, and the best thing about wearing makeup is having to take it off at night because it's the time where your skin rebuilds and "rests".
|Godiva Natural Skin Care LicoWhite Whitening Toner 100ml, PhP 89.00|
(Click READ MORE to know more...)
Typical toner bottle that has a small hole for dispensing. The bottle is hard plastic though so you can't squeeze it easily, but it's possible. So you might be tapping product on the cotton pad instead of just pouring some.
The 100ml bottle is quite handy. It's easy to bring with you when you travel, but they also have a travel size of 60ml.
Using a Nippon Cotton Pad, I moistened it with toner and wiped it lightly on my face after cleansing with bubbles.
Now look at that dirt! This is after cleansing my skin already with facial cleanser! Imagine sleeping on all that dirt? Eew.
I love how fresh my skin feels after toning! Just don't forget to moisturize your skin after!
- Doesn't sting.
- Controls breakouts.
- Minimizes redness of the skin.
- Fresh feeling after.
- Keeps my skin bright and lightens dark spots (specially new acne scars)
- Easily available in grocery stores and drug stores.
- Available in small bottles for travel!
- No tight feeling after.
- Effectively removes excess dirt and makeup.
- Skin feels supple after use.
- Fumes doesn't sting the eyes when used near the eye area.
- It's marketed as it containing Licorice Extract for whitening, but it is found at the bottom of the ingredients list. So I don't know how much they actually put it the product.
- I am not fond of the the plant/root smell of the licorice extract.
Retail Price: PhP 89.00
Purchased For: Gift from Godiva
Will I re-purchase? Yes.
Will I recommend it? Yes.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★☆