A product for gals on the go! Ellana's Lip and Cheek Gel will help you save time!Friday, May 16, 2014
Lip and Cheek tints are the most convenient for gals on the go. It's natural looking and it's easy to apply as well! No told required!
I have heard of Ellana Cosmetics before but this is the first time I am trying any of their products. I am not so much keen on using mineral makeup, but when I do find ones that I really like, I keep using them.
|Ellana Mineral Cosmetics Lip and Cheek Gel in Ruby 20ml, PhP 220.00|
Remember the first lip and cheek tint that came out that was The Body Shop? It was just phenomenal! Now it's everywhere. Whenever I am in a rush I like using these products because they make you look made up without any effort at all.
The pump was broken when I received this bottle so that scored a little low for me. The pump doesn't work that's why I have to open the bottle each time I want to use it.
If you leave the product too long in one spot, it stains. You can see the swatch on my hand below that the dotted area with product stained and I can't erase it no matter how hard I rubbed it. So if you will be using this product, you have to do it fast!
The tint stains your hands as well. This photo was taken after washing my hands with running water and soap. It doesn't come off with makeup remover as well so you just have to wait for it to fade after a few ours after washing several times throughout the day.
This is me with the lip and cheek tint on top of liquid foundation. You can see how natural it looks, even the tint on my lips looks very natural like I am not wearing any product at all! Remember, you have to blend blend blend -and fast!
I set my foundation with powder and this is how it looks after applying loose powder on top of it. It still looks very natural which I really love! It really feels like second skin, like I'm not wearing any product at all!
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
Length of usage before review: 1 week
- No breakouts!
- Very lightweight feel.
- Fragrance free.
- Looks very natural.
- No sticky feeling.
- Gel makes is ideal for women with oily skin, and lasts the whole day!
- Works well with dry skin as well.
- Can be used as a base for a natural looking flush that lasts all day.
- This shade will blend well with any skin tone and color.
- Blendable and easy to use.
- Lasts the whole day though sweat and oiliness! Lasted until I removed it at night.
- Dries pretty quickly so you have to blend fast!
- Comes in only 2 shades.
- Available at The Ramp only and Ellana's website.
- Stains the hands after use.
- I am not so happy with the packaging. (I hope Ellana changes their packaging to glass bottles)
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★☆
Retail Price: PhP 220.00
Purchased For: Gift from Ellana.
Will I re-purchase? Yes.
Will I recommend it? Yes.