How I revived my very dry, damaged hair with the DOVE Intense Repair productsSaturday, May 24, 2014
I am one of those women who suffer from bad hair days like 70% of the time. My hair is half-dead because of all the abuse I have done to it. But ever since I learned all about DOVE's hair care products from the DOVE Summit, and of course they gave us a whole bunch of products for us to enjoy at the event, I saved them to try them on a different day so I can document my experience.
One Sunday, I decided to try the Intense Repair hair mask, shampoo, and conditioner all in one day. And I am just amazed at the results I got.
|DOVE Intense Repair Shampoo 180ml, PhP 110.00|
Intense Repair Conditioner 180ml, PhP 108.00
Intense Repair Treatement Mask 200ml, PhP 192.00
(Click READ MORE to know more...)
In my hair care, conditioner is the most crucial product in my bath routine. Since my hair is naturally wavy and since my hair is extremely damaged, not putting conditioner is like not putting moisturizer on your face. It feels sticky, frizzy, and just hard to comb.
This is now my current favorite from the hair car line. It's easy to use and you don't need to spend thousands on salon treatments to get your hair to restore it's bounce and softness.
It has a very potent, thick consistency which makes it even easier to use. You just scoop a handful (depending on your hair length), and just apply it after shampooing your hair. Let me show you how I did this 3-step intense repair easy treatment.
This is my 2-day old hair. Full of dry shampoo, pollution, oil, styling products (i.e. curling mousse and hairspray), and damaged with a curling iron. I used dry shampoo for 2 days just so I can experiment on these products.
My 2-day old hair feels heavy on the scalp already and very very sticky. I can hardly comb it, even with a wide-tooth comb.
The ends are frizzy, and this is where it's mostly sticky! Ewww.
So using luke warm water, I shampooed my hair once (usually with other brands it takes 2 rounds of shampooing before I get to wash the soot off my hair). I noticed that after shampooing, my hair didn't feel squeaky clean. You know what I mean? Sometimes when you wring the water out of your hair, your hand doesn't glide, it squeaks when you run your hand through your hair.
After shampooing, I squeezed to remove excess water and applied a generous amount of Intense Repair conditioning mask and secured it with crocodile clips like this, and put a shower cap on my head and left it for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, rinse with luke warm water and apply conditioner as you normally would. Rinse very well with cool water to seal the moisture in your hair.
I let my hair air-dry and my hair unbelievably light, soft, and tame! It still had waves because of my naturally wavy hair, but my hair was so soft I couldn't believe it.
Just to give you a visual on how effective these products are; I was giving my dogs a bath one time and I forgot to bring in their shampoo. Knowing they will escape once I leave the bathroom, I opted to use what was available in my bathroom which was the DOVE shampoo and conditioner. Since it's mild, I used it on both my dogs. After I blow-dried their fur, their fur was soooooo soft, specially our 8-month old puppy Umi's hair. His hair is very coarse, thick, and rough. But after bathing them with DOVE, their fur was as soft as a feather boa.
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
Length of usage before review: 1 use!
- No need to use a whole lot to wash long hair!
- After shower, hair is easy to comb.
- Smells pleasant!
- Gentle on the scalp and for people who have sensitive skin.
- The softness and the lightweight feeling lasts up to 2 days without washing!
- I didn't get any scalp irritations after bathing.
- Hair is so easy to comb in the morning upon waking up when hair is most tangled.
- Extremely affordable.
- Easily available.
- Hair does not get oily right away.
- Hair follicles are protected, specially when you style your hair a lot with heat styling tools.
- Easy to follow instructions!
- Products are easy to rinse off the hair.
- Hair is bouncy and shiny! It was even more shiny with Dove's Nourishing Oil Care Serum!
- For women who are looking for lots of volume, this product may not be for you since this product makes the hair very smooth and soft.
- Contains sulfate which is not good for color treated hair, or any other treatments for that matter (i.e. brazilian blowout, digiperm, etc) because it will quicken the lifespan of the treatment. Colored hair might fade prematurely when using products that contain sulfate.
- Because your hair will be so smooth and soft, hair won't hold the curls when you curl it with a curling iron. So do not use these products if you plan to style your hair and want it to last.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★+
Retail Price: Shampoo -PhP 110.00 / Conditioner - PhP 108.00 / Mask - PhP 192.00
Purchased For: Gift from DOVE.
Will I re-purchase? Absolutely.
Will I recommend it? Yes.