Secret to youthful skin: Lancôme Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate is hope in a bottle.Friday, May 09, 2014
The heat is at its highest, and we our desire to wear makeup become less and less. The answer is to have a good skin care regimen so you can have the confidence to go au natural, and let your skin breathe!
One good product to invest in is Lancôme's little black bottle, Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate. A product that is backed up by 14 years of research and nine patents, you get visible results in just seven days. This product has received more than 150 beauty awards, making it the most awarded skin care product worldwide.
This little black bottle sells one every 5 seconds worldwide.
|Lancome Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate 30ml, PhP 4,000|
A 30ml bottle like this one that I received from Lancôme will last you about 3 to 5 months depending on how religious and generous you are when putting this treatment on your face. I am on my second month on using this and I still have a lot left that would probably last me another 3 months.
The heavy, thick glass makes it hard for heat to penetrate the glass preserving the liquid inside. The dark glass too helps in keeping the serum's quality true to its original form.
I am not so much of a fan of products with a dropper type dispenser because honestly, I don't see the point of having it. But in my opinion, it's also a way to keep your fingers from dipping into the bottle or the tip of the container to avoid contamination.
Instead of the typical dropper, this one has a button at the end of the cap, you press it and it dispenses product.
It has a slight runny consistency so a little goes a long way! This much can be used for the entire face already. You can use more but it won't make a difference, it will work whether you use a little or a lot.
It gets absorbed really fast and the feeling of hydrated skin is immediate.
My skin is still not as dewy as I hoped it would be the way I see on TV commercials, but it did improve my skin's dry spots. It feels very hydrated too, and it feels less tight after I use toners.
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
Length of usage before review: 2 months
- Takes about 2 seconds to absorb after spreading it on your face.
- My skin is visibly soft looking just after 2 nights of use.
- Deep lines are visibly more shallow after about 2 weeks of continuous use.
- Skin feels soft and very smooth.
- Fine lines are definitely less visible.
- Works well with other skin care.
- Facial texture is tighter and brighter.
- Works well with women over 30, and even better for women over 50.
- Very pleasant smell.
- Pores are visibly smaller and tighter.
- Skin is very soft specially in the morning after waking up.
- Evens out skin tone, so I feel more confident going out of the house sans makeup.
- A little goes a long way. A bottle lasts for about 5 months.
- My monthly breakouts are minimized down to 1 to 2 zits compared to having 3 to 4 a month!
- Pricey. Use as night treatment instead because there is no SPF anyway.
- Women under 30 do not need such heavy skin care just yet.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★
Retail Price: 30ml is PhP 4,000
Purchased For: Gift from Lancôme Philippines.
Will I re-purchase? Yes.
Will I recommend it? Yes.
Lancôme Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate is available in 30ml (P4,000), 50ml (P6,000), and 75ml (P7,755) at Lancôme Greenbelt 5 and Rustan’s Department Store