Use Pixy's Ultimate Makeup Cake 3 Different WaysFriday, May 02, 2014
As you may all have heard already, there's a new makeup brand in town and that it Pixy. This powder is one of the products that I received from the BDJ Pixy Truly Asian Box last month. I have been dying to review them all in one post but I want to be thorough and I wanted to take my time.
Pixy's Ultimate Makeup Cake promises to cover common imperfections when used alone more than what other brands can do. This product creates a smooth, even coverage that results in a natural-looking finish.
Let's see shall we?
|Pixy Ultimate Makeup Cake, PhP 445.00|
(Click READ MORE to know more...)
Now, a lot of people are afraid of talc in face powders. Talc, as you may want to know clog pores. Most mineral makeup brands claim this, but I never found any of my face powders containing talc clog my pores before.
This face powder contains mainly talc, because it is found at the beginning of the ingredients list.
The makeup compact itself is made from non-flimsy materials. I just don't like packaging that looks cheap with locking mechanisms that don't work or break easily. I cringe every time I encounter such packaging.
You may notice the holes at the bottom of the compact. This is where the sponge is located. It's there to let the sponge "breathe" to avoid moisture getting trapped into the sponge that may cause molds to form. Eeeeew. So don't store damp sponges in there.
It's very handy, in spite of its unconventional rectangular shape. Most face powders come in round compacts, but I kinda like this compact. It means a bigger mirror!
The inside of the compact looks high-class. I know that sounds very superficial of me, but you can really tell a lot by a brand's packaging. I am one of those people who will pay extra for awesome packaging!
The powder is yellow-based so that alone is a plus. As you may already know, yellow-based powders suit most Asian women. This is the most complementing base color for us Asians.
Swatching the product on my hand, you can see the velvet finish. It's matte and it smoothed out the lines on the back of my hand. Let's see the effect it will do on fine lines and some wrinkles.
This is the powder when used alone. As I have earlier suspected, the powder is a tad bit too light for me making me look espasol-ish, but that is easily remedied by choosing a shade darker if I decide to re-purchase.
My acne scars were not really covered that much but they were "masked" by the powder well. It didn't make my nose pores appear larger too which is good!
Here's a closer look at my freckles and acne scars. Most of those spots you see are freckles. Yes, I have huge freckles on my cheeks! So always, always, always wear sunblock!
You can also see how light this shade is for me. But that is not really a cause of major concern.
It does have some down side, it cakes on areas when you have applied too much product in a certain area like the inner corners of the eyes and the lines under the eyes. It's a little bit tricky to apply because you have to apply it evenly when it comes to distribution and deposit of product in your entire face.
- Absorbs oil very well.
- Long-lasting coverage.
- Non-chalky. Applies velvety-smooth.
- Will work well as setting powder (use brush though!)
- Face won't feel tight or taught. Moisturizing.
- Provides skin protection.
- Contains Jojoba Oil that keeps your skin hydrated and moisturized.
- Contains silica which absorbs oil through out the day.
- Contains light diffusing particles that reflect light creating a smoother and brighter effect.
- Did not clog my pores.
- Catered specially for Asians!
- Non-irritating formula.
- Powder feels flexible on the skin. Doesn't feel like it will crack!
- Does not cake or pool specially on oily skin.
- Great packaging.
- Blocks UV Rays and prevents melanin production for tisays.
- Can be applied with damp sponge for a more full coverage
- When applied with damp sponge, effect is flawless.
- Perfect for women on-the-go. You can skip applying liquid foundation.
- When applied damp, no need for setting powder.
- Not easily accessible FOR NOW. I will keep you updated!
- Does not cover blemishes well when applied dry.
- Skin looks dry when applied dry and on its own. Can emphasize dry skin even more.
- When applied with damp sponge, caking is a huge possibility.
- Damp sponge can form molds when sponge is stored without drying first.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★☆☆.5
Retail Price: PhP 445.00
Purchased For: Gift from BDJ Pixy Truly Asian Box (April 2014)
Will I re-purchase? Yes.
Will I recommend it? Yes.