Makeup that leaves skin softer and smoother with every use: Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15Thursday, October 09, 2014
Lately, I have developed an aversion to heavy, liquid or cream foundations. That's the pregnancy talking, by the way. So lately, I have been opting for light, barely-there CC creams that would certainly do the job without the extra weight on my skin.
Even though my skin is extremely dry now a days and is needing some maximum moisture that I can get from liquid and creamy foundations, I find myself turning away from them lately. So I have been rotating my tinted moisturizers, BB and CC Creams.
My first impression of this foundation when I swatched it on my hand was that I thought it was a little bit too creamy. But after wearing it on my face, I found it quite comfortable and very light to wear! It's oil-free so it was a little bit hard to apply on my exceptionally dry pregnant skin but surprisingly it didn't make my skin feel taught and uncomfortable.
|Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15, price TBA|
(Click READ MORE to know more...)
I am huge fan of Clinique's Repairwear Laser Focus All-Smooth Makeup Foundation with SPF15 so I figured that this foundation will definitely be good too. The Even Better foundtion has a nice full coverage without being overtly matte, I mean it is oil-free but it doesn't make you look dry. I was a bit skeptic about it having a matte finish since my skin is already dry, but after trying it, I was surprised that it kept my skin look soft and moisturized.
You can see that some of my old acne scars are still visible but it's muted. Nothing powder won't cover up!
Happy Skin's Don't Get Mad Get Even Powder Foundation, it's my current favorite powder by the way, and I found that my face looked positively radiant. See for yourself!
I love am not as in love with this foundation as Repairwear Laser Focus All-Smooth Makeup Foundation with SPF15 foundation, but I would definitely recommend this to anyone who are looking for a good foundation! It goes on very thin and light, but has a lot of coverage. I would say, about medium to full coverage.
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
Length of usage before review: 2 days
- Oil-free but has a semi-matte finish.
- Hydrated feeling, in spite of oil-free finish!
- No tight feeling.
- Doesn't crease that much.
- Does not cake when set with powder.
- Medium-full coverage, effectively covers acne and acne scars.
- No oily feeling.
- Safe for women with sensitive skin.
- Lasts about 5-6 hours. Or more depending on how you set it.
- Has at least little bit of sun protection!
- Blends really well with skin color and tone.
- A little goes a long way.
- Pricey but economical. A little goes a long way!
- If you have extremely dry skin, I would suggest trying it out at the counter first. It may have worked on my dry skin, but it could react to you differently.
- No pump dispenser. You can end up with too much foundation on your palette or your hand.
- Not easily blendable because of the slightly creamy texture! Sets a bit fast, so you will have to work it on your skin quickly.
- Covered my pores well except overly large ones on the nose area!
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★☆
Retail Price: TBA
Purchased For: Gift from Clinique.
Will I re-purchase? Absolutely.
Will I recommend it? Yes.