A review on OFRA Cosmetics' line of lipsticksMonday, November 03, 2014
One of the best things about blogging about beauty is that you get first dibs and get to try the latest of cosmetics out there. I have heard of the brand OFRA before, but I never had the chance to open them and take them out for a spin. I got one liquid lipstick from a Glamourbox, and the others from the OFRA team themselves.
From their Facebook page:
"OFRA Cosmetics has been a leader in the cosmetics industry for twenty years, bringing beauty to women in the U.S. and all over the world. We cater to professionals with makeup kits to enhance your skills and techniques. We know what you do and how you do it, and we tailor our products to fit your needs.
We provide a broad range of superior quality cosmetics created from the finest ingredients available. Our pro makeup is perfect for professional application and instruction, incredible under the camera, and fabulous for every day use."
I guess you can say that I am a lipstick kinda gal. I love collecting them having more than 100 lippies in my collection, there's always room for more right?
I forgot to take a photo of the ingredients list of the Long Lasting Liquid Lipsticks so I had to be more resourceful with Google, and found this photo from the peachypinksisters.blogspot.com (thank you!):
|Photo courtesy of the peachypinksisters.blogspot.com|
The Liquid Lippie Line comes in long slim tubes with a felt-tip slanted wand typically found in lip glosses. Some of their shades are sheer while some are hyper pigmented. I like the matte, pigmented ones the best.
|OFRA Long Lasting Liquid Lipsticks, PhP 950.00/each|
Purple rain has a sort of shimmer/pearlized finish, while Laguna Beach and Hollywood finishes matte. I will show you swatches on my lips later below.
|OFRA Lipsticks, PhP 650.00/each|
|OFRA Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Hollywood|
|OFRA Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Purple Rain|
|OFRA Lipstick in Amethyst|
|OFRA Lipstick in Fuchsia|
|OFRA Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Laguna Beach|
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
Length of usage before review: Alternating for 1 week (except for Purple Rain)
- Both are long lasting and highly pigmented.
- A lot of shades available to choose from.
- I love the smell of both lipsticks.
- Does not make the lips crack after being worn for a long time.
- Can be applied easily, glides on like balm (but not at all like balm)
- Highly pigmented!
- Easy to apply and create a good shape for your lips.
- Hydrates the lips.
- Safe for women, no lead or mercury!
- Available online only for now and Glamourbox kiosks.
- Unconventional lipstick shades (blue, green, purple, etc.) are not useable for everyday, only for high fashion shoots maybe.
- Liquid Lipstick has a slightly sticky finish after applying and lasts quite a bit.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★
Retail Price: Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick, PhP 950 | Lipstick, PhP 650
Purchased For: Gift from Glamourbox and OFRA (Thank you!)
Will I re-purchase? Absolutely.
Will I recommend it? Yes.