Benefit Beauty and Brows Party and Interview with Jared BaileyWednesday, November 12, 2014
You must have noticed that I have been featuring Benefit a lot lately, well, those posts have all been leading up to this Benefit event feature that I have been dying to share with you guys!
Last November 4, I attended the Benefit Beauty and Brows Party that was held at Le Jardin, plus an exclusive one on one interview with Benefit's Global Brow Expert, Jared Bailey! Pretty exciting stuff!
So much lovely things went on at the event and I am here to show you what went down at the event! So fun! I will let the photos do the talking for me though...
|One of Benefit's GLAMbassadors, Rory Carlos-Manzano|
The first thing they ask you to do is to sign a waver, just to make sure that you do not do some bleaching, or any other skin facial treatments before they begin.
|Benefit Pearl Wax|
Oh by the way, thank you to my friend and blogger, Shari of themistymom.com for taking my photos while I was being serviced!
I love that Jared was very easy to talk to and very animated. He told a lot of funny stories too! He was very open to a lot of questions. I didn't think I would produce so much questions since I have been doing brows for a while now, but again -I was wrong.
- There are so many products out there that can give you natural looking brows and that can flatter your face. No need for tattooed eyebrows!
- The founders of Benefit cosmetics were the ones who invented brow mapping in the 60's!
- Brow mapping is basically marking your face by drawing lines on the points where your brows should start and stop, and where the high and low arcs should take place. Then remove hairs that are outside those lines.
- Don't have your brows lying down. Gravity will take a toll on the end result of the shape of your brows. So have your brows shaped sitting up when you spend most of your day: Upright.
- Benefit starts removing unwanted hairs outside the mapped brows from the bottom of the brows, not on top! (This is pretty cool huh?)
- Don't be obsessed about trying to make your eyebrows identical, instead, focus on the brow shape that would flatter your entire face and eye shape.
- The Gimme Brow product is Jared's go-to brow product.
- Don't shape your brows according to what's trending now. Instead, make the use of eyebrow products to shape your brows according to what's "IN".
|Nikki of askmewhats.com, Jared Bailey, Me, and Shari of themistymom.com|
|Big Time Bling|
|Touch of Bling|