"Oiliness is next to poverty" so they say, so banish the shine with Benefit's Agent Zero Shine Powder!Wednesday, November 05, 2014
To be completely honest, it's only when Benefit was launched here in Manila did I get familiar with most of their products. Sure I've heard of Benetint, but I wasn't familiar with the other products that people have been raving about.
When they finally launched here in Manila and I was invited to their launches and other parties, I finally got to know their products one by one. And every time I would visit the US, I would not leave San Francisco without picking up my favorite products. You can check out my list HERE. But it's been long ago since I wrote that blog post, and now I know more of their products and that list have grown longer. And thank goodness that they finally arrived in Manila!
The first ever product that I bought here in Manila when they first opened, was their Girl Meets Pearl.
|Benefit The Porefessional Agent Zero Shine: Shine-Vanishing PRO Powder 7g, PhP 1,600|
Now, let's talk about Agent Zero Shine Powder - how awesome is the packaging? Well, I didn't doubt it one bit since Benefit always had awesomee innovative packaging! As much as I love elegant, solid and luxury packaging, I think you will all agree me when I say that I absolutely love the look of all Benefit products and I will never get sick of them. Probably that's why a lot of cosmetics brand are trying to copy the way they name their products as well.
Overall, I am impressed with Agent Zero Shine Powder. I would definitely recommend it to those who need to control and correct shine in the middle of the day. Applying more powder foundation on top of your oily nose can eventually make you look cake! Agent Zero makes the skin look fresh and matte for a long time.
If you want a fresh face for just running errands or going to mass on Sunday, try using Benefit Agent Zero Shine Powder with Benefit Hydrating Tinted Lip Balms!! Perfect Combo!
Talc, Nylon-12, Water, Magnesium Myristate, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Silica, Isoceteth-10, Ethylhexylglycerin, Aluminum Dimyristate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate. [+/-: CI 15850 (Red 6, Red 7, Red 7 Lake), CI 15985 (Yellow 6, Yellow 6 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 45410 (Red 27, Red 27 Lake, Red 28 Lake), CI 73360 (Red 30, Red 30 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)].N 08064/A
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
Length of usage before review: A little over one week
- Takes away the shine from your face with just a little product (normal or dry skin).
- Great for touchups.
- Can be used to set foundation but you may use a whole lot though.
- Can be used alone for a shine-free, fresh face.
- Suits any skin type or shade.
- Fills in pores and any fine lines making your skin look instantly flawless.
- Convenient packaging!
- Gives an airbrush-finished look.
- Feels light on the face. Does not make you look cake (just avoid mixing with oil!)
- Pleasant smell.
- Gives a very soft, velvety finish that does not look dry.
- Does not give a ghostly, white cast on the face when used in flash photography.
- Does not provide any coverage at all so if your makeup has been "eaten" by your extremely oily skin, you may still need to bring powder with coverage.
- I recommend a use of oil blotters or facial tissue on oily areas before retouch.
- Pricey for only 7g. But then again, just a little goes a long way.
- Sheer coverage.
- If you have extremely oily skin, you may finish up this product faster than with normal skin.
- Can be a bit messy to use.
- Brush that comes with it is made from real hair but is a bit too firm. It can "disturb" the makeup that has already been applied.
- In spite of the innovative and convenience of the packaging, I still find it hard to fuss around with when you need to touch up on the go. You will need a sturdy surface to shake the bottle about and dip the brush.
- When you accidentally pour too much product on the cap, you can't put it back in.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★☆
Retail Price: PhP 1,600 for 7g
Purchased For: Gift from Benefit (Thank you!)
Will I re-purchase? Maybe.
Will I recommend it? Yes.