Picture Perfect Eyes in a Flash with The Body Shop's Instablur Eye and Gel Liner Duo!Sunday, November 02, 2014
I think I'm in love. I love eyeshadows, but I always find myself without it after a few hours of wear. It's annoying actually. Looking for the perfect eye primer that works is tough, specially when they all claim "Number One" or "The Best".
Now what makes TBS's All-in-One Instablur Eye special? Well, it's a tinted concealer, a primer, and a colour intensifier! They're all pretty self explanatory, but half of the fun is writing all about it! Right? Hehehe... Well, I got this "Picture Perfect Eyes in a Flash" set from The Body Shop a couple of months back and I have been dying to use them! And now that I have, I am so excited about these!
|The Body Shop Picture Perfect Eyes in a Flash Duo|
First let me tell you about the Instablur Eye. Don't you just hate it, when you have finally perfected that eye makeup look, and then disappears before lunch time? I do. My eye makeup usually lasts when I put on cream eyeshadows or applying my eyeshadows wet, but most women are not used to these methods. So ladies, I think this may just be the answer to your eye makeup problem!
|The Body Shop Instablur Eye, PhP 895.00|
While Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows are rates a 5+ Star in my blog, they can't be used as primers because it's mostly shimmer. Unless you find one that is matte and has a skin color shade. It comes in an eyelash glue type of tube so it dispenses just the right amount each time.
One of the latest makeup launches from The Body Shop is this rather groovy little eye and brow product. Take a look at the Body Shop Smoky 2-in-1 Gel Liner & Brow Definer. This convenient little product combines a gel liner for your eyes and can be used as an eyebrow product. So if you are packing light for a trip, you can pack this little baby to save you some space. At first I thought that gels could be too dark for brows but when I used an angled eyebrow brush with this, it actually applied quite good!
The tip comes off and reveals a rounded flat brush that can be used for lining. I used an angled eyebrow brush for the brows instead. I will show you later. You pop the upper part of the cap to reveal the brush and you can stick the other end of it to make a longer applicator handle.
|The Body Shop Smoky 2 in 1 Gel Liner Eyes and Brows, PhP 695.00|
Before doing my eye makeup, I first did my brows though. I used a little product by dipping my angled eyebrow brush on the pot and blended it to shape and fill in my brows. I would have liked to have blended it more on the inner ends of my brows but in person it looked pretty disguised. But still, just a single tiny dip, is enough to cover one brow. How's that for economical?
Oh! And for those of you who are curious, I used Eye of Horus Goddess Mascara on my lashes. I didn't use any eyebrow mascara on my brows though so you can see the effect when used on its own.
I had an enjoyable experience overall on these two eye products from The Body Shop. It's so nice to know that a lot of good makeup is really starting to sprout everywhere so there is a brand for every Tom, Dick and Harry (or err... something like that).
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
Length of usage before review: 3 Occasions
- (Instablur Eye and Liner) Lightweight.
- (Instablur Eye and Liner) Oil-free and has a semi-matte finish.
- (Instablur Eye) Has a slight tint to sort-of disguise any pigmentation around the eye area.
- (Instablur Eye and Liner) Long-lasting.
- (Instablur Eye) No creasing or caking after being worn for a long time.
- (Instablur Eye and Liner) Non-heavy on the lids.
- (Instablur Eye) Makes eyeshadow last all day!
- (Liner) Multi-purpose! Can be used as liner, smoky eye, or eyebrow product!
- (Instablur Eye and Liner) Fragrance-free.
- (Instablur Eye and Liner) Easy to use.
- (Instablur Eye and Liner) Safe for all women of skin types.
- (Instablur Eye and Liner) Safe for pregnant!
- (Instablur Eye and Liner) A little goes a long way.
- Both are easily available.
- Perfect when used together.
- (Liner) Matches any hair color.
- (Instablur Eye) Works well with whichever liquid foundation or concealer that you apply over it.
- (Liner) Creates smoky looks in seconds! Just apply and smudge.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★
Retail Price: Instablur Eye, PhP 895 | Smoky 2 in 1 Gel Liner, PhP 695
Purchased For: Gift from The Body Shop. (Thank you!)
Will I re-purchase? Absolutely.
Will I recommend it? Yes.