Shu Uemura's Melt-in-your-skin The Lightbulb Fluid FoundationThursday, November 13, 2014
Looking for the right foundation can be tough. And in spite of all the foundations that I have reviewed here in my blog, there will still be different opinions for different brands. I however have a very tolerable skin type that I can basically use any type of brand, and it's just a matter of finding the right formula for me.
Shu Uemura's The Lighbulb Fluid Foundation is one of those liquid makeups that aren't getting enough credit. It's awesome, and it actually reminds me of Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation with SPF 15 in terms of flexibility and long-wear with skin-like effect but with a higher coverage (a bit more creamy). I am calling this melt-in-your skin foundation because it really sits real well on your skin giving you a very natural looking finish, as if it melted right into your skin (not off!).
More about this foundation after the break.
|Shu Uemura The Lightbulb Fluid Foundation 27ml, PhP 2,350|
I tested Lightbulb Foundation in 4 different ways:
- When applied on the top of moisturizer without setting powder or fix spray, it didn't stay too long on my face since we are living in a humid country so using this just to even out your skin tone while you went ran a bit of errands won't work. The foundation will stay but it will eventually get too oily and sticky. Not very impressive, I wound't recommend it.
- When applied on top of Pixi by Petra Flawless and Poreless Face Primer and then setting the pressed powder foundation on top, it lasted the whole day. It can look quite thick since the powder I used had medium to full coverage as well (had to blot the oil off twice without having to retouch the powder). It can look quite heavy it got a look of dewy skin towards the end of the day.
- When applied on top of a light moisturizer and then set with a light layer of Snoe Poudre Phenomenon HD powder (or any HD powder for that matter), the foundation lasted me 6 hours or more of wear, and by the time I got home late in the afternoon my skin looked fresh and light. It didn't give me the urge to wash of my face. I still had to blot about 3 times during the day.
- Lastly, and this is what I usually do: when applied without any moisturizer, but with a light layer of Pixi Primer, and then set with loose powder that is light and fluffy like Palgantong Theatrical Powder, it stayed in place from morning till late evening, about 10 hours or more. I had to blot oil off once and sometimes twice during the day, and my skin looked flawless, glowing, and still looked very flexible. No caking happening even with or without retouching with a pressed powder foundation. Probably it's the best way to apply it for the skin like mine for everyday use.
And even though the foundation is about a shade and a half too dark for me, it made my skin glow and gave a very healthy looking effect. I didn't look too dark or sallow. I'd continue to use this foundation if it only matched my neck!
Palgantong Theatrical Powder, it's actually my current favorite loose powder. I guess you can say that it is my HG loose powder. It being triple milled, it gives a very natural finish without making you cake! You can apply with a velour puff or with a brush. It still gives the same effect.
I love how bright my skin looks in spite of the dark shade. It really gives that light bulb effect on the skin giving you that glow-from-within look.
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
Length of usage before review: 2 weeks
- Great for dry skin because it is extremely moisturizing all throughout the day.
- Gives a natural dewy look, and gives your skin a youthful glow-from-within look.
- No breakouts! Non-comedogenic.
- Great for people who have yellow tones in their skin. So great for Asian!
- Coverage can be controlled ranging from light/medium to heavy coverage.
- Covers blemishes, scars, and pigmentations well.
- Does not sit stubbornly on fine lines and wrinkles. The foundation moves really well with your skin.
- No annoying fragrance.
- Great packaging. A pump that actually works!
- Can be applied with the use of sponge, brushes, or even your fingers.
- A lot of shades available.
- Affordable at only PhP 2,350 per bottle.
- Non-cakey even when set with pressed powder foundation.
- Comes with a lightbulb sponge when purchased from the store.
- If you are looking for a foundation to keep you matte all day, this is not the foundation for you.
- You will still need to blot with blotting papers during the day, if you have an oily T-Zone.
- It's not my shade but I can see that it oddly looks a bit too orange. Although it didn't make my skin that orange. It actually blended quite nicely on me.
- No sun protection. Use a light moisturizer that contains SPF if you can't live without sun protection.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★
Retail Price: Shu Uemura The Lightbulb Fluid Foundation 27ml, PhP 2,350
Purchased For: Gift from Shu Uemura (Thank you!)
Will I re-purchase? Absolutely. Most definitely!
Will I recommend it? Yes.