TheBalm What's Your Type? Tall, Dark, and Handsome Black MascaraSunday, November 23, 2014
It's so hard for me to find the right mascara because I have sensitive eyes and my eyes lose its curl easily once applied with a mascara. It's actually frustrating. There are so many good mascaras out there but my lashes seem to not hold its curl, except for a few brands. But lately, I have discovered TheBalm's What's Your Type? Tall Dark and Handsome Black Mascara and the formula is very promising!
I have been using it for about a month already and it really made a good impression. It held my curl intact, plus it made my lashes look fuller. More about this mascara after the break!
|TheBalm What's Your Type? Tall, Dark and Handsome Black Mascara|
This line of mascaras from TheBalm are just too cute! Aside from Tall, Dark, and Handsome (which gives you length and making your thin lashes dark), they have The Body Builder (which is for extreme volumizing), and Cheater (which is also volumizing that gives you a look of wearing false eyelashes).
TheBalm brand is very good in spite of them being known to come out with natural and paraben-free products. Their price points may be on the pricey side but you will find that you get quality cosmetics and ingredients. Their products don't smear or get flakey.
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
Length of usage before review: 1 month.
- Does not sting. Some mascaras sting the eyes making them feel real dry causing you to blink a lot and your eyes to water excessively.
- Smooth formula. Very easy to apply.
- Holds the curl really well specially if the mascara formula has "thickened" already because it has oxidized.
- Dries quickly and sets very black.
- Easy to build layers. Dries quickly after each layer.
- Does not bleed even when you tear or sweat.
- Original, unique brush makes it easy to apply in-between and really thin lashes.
- Standard mascara tube makes it easy to hold and control.
- Does not have a strong smell.
- Easily available in Beauty Bar.
- Takes a few uses for you to get the hang of it, and get the mascara to get a thicker formula.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★
Retail Price: TBA
Purchased For: Gift from The Balm
Will I re-purchase? Yes, but a different formula.
Will I recommend it? Yes.