Warm Up the Cooler "-Ber" months with Pixy!Friday, November 14, 2014
While everyone is into metallics this coming Christmas season, warm up this holiday with warm earthy hues. If you are not really into shimmer or glitter, metallics or sparkles then this may just be the thing you would want to sport!
I know of friends who are beach girls and are sun kissed all year round and they always look so good looking all tan, glowing and earthy!
This brand, Pixy, not to be confused by Pixi by Petra, is an Indonesian brand, but made from Japanese quality materials. Products that were developed to cater specially for Asian skin! Formulated to enhance the natural beauty that is truly Asian. Ok, I just sounded like a tag line, but it is what it is! That's why Pixy is a great makeup brand to start with if you are looking to update your look.
|Pixy Cosmetics Blush On | Pixy Cosmetics Eye Shadow Duo|
I specially love Pixy's Colors of Delight Lipsticks because of the high pigments and lasting power. So going back to these two new products from Pixy, they only have limited shades for now for both the blush and the eyeshadow duos, but the shades that are available are basics so are very wearable.
I like their simple pink packaging. No fuss no frills!Although it's not typical of Japanese packaging though. Some people call this a Japanese brand but I know in fact that this is an Indonesian brand. Hmm... I will do my research gals and will update you again on this. I just hope Pixy provides more information in their Facebook page. The link to their website is in Indonesian so I can't do my research in their website.
|Pixy Cosmetics Blush-On in Carnation Bloom, PhP 285.00|
|Pixy Cosmetics Eye Shadow in Sorrel Brown 02, Price to be updated|
Collection Cosmetics Shimmer Shades in Way to Glow and I also blended my Pixy Carnation Bloom Blush with Clinique Cheek Pop in Ginger Pop to make the Pixy blush stand out more since Pixy's blush is very subtle and sheen. to give my face a more warm feel. I couldn't use all orange because I might look flat them being all in the same color family.
On my eyes, I applied a wash of the orange shade (lighter shade) from my lash lines up to above my creases and blended it real well with a clean brush. And then with the darker brown shade, I defined my lash lines with it to create a soft dimension.
Oh and by the way, I am loving the shape of my eyebrows. I just love how put together it looks and neat! I had it done at the Benefit's Brow Bar at the Beauty and Brows Event! You can have brows like these too!
I just don't get why some people misconstrue people who wear makeup as being "maarte" or "malandi". People should start getting over that. HELLO! Welcome to the 21st century!
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
Length of usage before review: On different occasions for 2 weeks
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Silky smooth formula for both the blush and the eyeshadows.
- Great packaging.
- Not overly shimmery. Soft sheen and sheer.
- Buildable color.
- Easily blended. No mad skills required.
- Non-chalky formula.
- Moisturizes the skin. Does not make the skin feel tight and dry!
- Suitable for any age above 14 years! Or depends how young you allow your daughter to start wearing makeup. Ha! I started when I was 14!
- Available in limited stores around the Metro only. For now, at least. Hopefully it will be available in more stores soon!
- Colors are sheer. Not highly pigmented, and this makes it very easy to blend.
- (Blush) Would need retouching after about 4 hours of wear. Best if mixed with other highly pigmented cosmetics.
- (Eyeshadow) To make the eyeshadow last longer, use an eye primer like The Body Shop InstaBlur Eye All-in-One Tinted Concealer and Primer.
Retail Price: Pixy Blush On, PhP 285.00 | Eyeshadow price to be updated
Purchased For: Gift from Pixy Cosmetics (Thank You!)
Will I re-purchase? Yes.
Will I recommend it? Yes.