A Face Primer Phenomenon from SNOE!Wednesday, January 21, 2015
I have been a fan of SNOE ever since I first met founder and president of the brand Jen a few years ago. And since then, she has come up with more innovative products that will blow your mind. I believed in her products and the potential they had in growing into one of the country's best cosmetics brand that I even collaborated with SNOE with my very own pressed powder blushes called SABStance.
To be quite honest, I never thought that home grown brands were in capable of producing such quality, competitive products but SNOE has proved me wrong the day I first tried my first SNOE product which was the Poudre Phenomenon.
This primer/pore eraser product is commonly compared with Benefit's Dr. Feel Good primer balm. I haven't made a review on that one yet but I have used that with my clients in the past. I can vouch however that these comparisons do hold water. It does remind me of Dr. Feel Good! Only the Prime Phenomenon has a more jelly texture than a balm.
|SNOE Prime Phenomenon 50ml, PhP 999|
Does your makeup slide off your face after just a few hours of wear? Then this might be the solution! More after the break.
I have always been a fan of Witch Hazel ever since I discovered it in makeup school in Singapore back in 2007. They used T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel to prep the skin to reduce redness, irritation, and excess oils before applying airbrush makeup. Ever since then, I was obsessed with anything with Witch Hazel.
"A skin-perfecting mattifying base that helps keep your makeup in place and refines the appearance of pores while diffusing fine lines and imperfections. The natural fruit and plant-derived extracts deliver vital benefits for sebum control, acne management and skin brightening.
Control oil production for a shine-free face and minimal touch ups! Be photoready as this perfects skin even up close. One shade fits all."
INGREDIENTS: Cyclopentasiloxane (and) Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Silica, Alcohol (and) Dryopteris Filix-Mas Root Extract (Purex), Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Extract, Melaleluca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Oil
A little background as to why that occurs in pregnancy. Sadly, nose swelling occurs during pregnancy to most women because this can be due to increased estrogen levels, which helps blood flow to the mucous membranes and plumps up your nose as a result. (It shrinks back to its original size after birth though so I thank God for that!)
Anyway, so looking at my red swollen nose, I had to look for a primer that would mask that when I apply makeup on top of it. I had already finished my Pixi Flawless Poreless Face Primer (this is one of my favorite primers by the way) so I had to look for another primer that would do it for me ASAP.
After applying Prime Phenomenon on my entire face, you can see that it has a blurring effect just like The Body Shop's Instablur. The pores on my nose are still very visible but the Prime Phenomenon did give my skin a very smooth finish. It was so smooth that it even tamed my dry patches of skin!
Happy Skin's Don't Get Mad, Get Even Hydrating Liquid Foundation in Soft Beige, and then I set my foundation with Canmake Marshmallow Powder Finish Powder. You can see that most of my pores are filled and the redness have vanished!
Since this primer comes in a pot, I had to wing it on how much product I had to get. I ended up using a whole lot but it didn't flake into crumbs like some primers do when you end up with too much. It's extremely spreadable on the skin.
Pardon my red eyes, I'm a little tired hence the vampire eyes. LOL I noticed that my skin was a little dewy but I didn't oil too much. It didn't look like you can fry eggs on my nose, and it's nothing a little Benefit Agent Zero Shine won't fix.
- Can be used as a concealer primer under the eyes or as an eyeshadow primer to make it last longer.
- Glides on silkily on the skin giving a soft velvet-y finish.
- Does not flake when you end up with too much product.
- Does not clump liquid foundation when you put too much primer on the skin.
- Evens out uneven skin texture.
- Smoothes out fine lines and wrinkles.
- Tames dry skin.
- Can be used under pressed powder only.
- Keeps the skin from oiling too much! Won't keep you 100% oil free but it will give the skin a dewy finish instead.
- Doesn't have an overpowering fragrance, safe for sensitive skin.
- Can be used by women with mature skin as well.
- Does not clog pores.
- Fills in pores well so that foundation can cover them up.
- Complements all skin tones, color, and type!
- Does not feel heavy on the skin or oily! Feels very light.
- Perfect for hot, humid days this summer.
- Didn't cause my skin any breakouts.
- Price is not bad for 50ml of product.
- Keeps the skin matte for a couple of hours but would be needing minimal retouch during the day.
- Would have been better if the product came in a pump bottle instead.
- Or maybe include a spatula so that skin won't come in contact with the product to avoid contamination. I always end up using too much because I can't seem to scoop out just the right amount.
Retail Price: PhP 999
Purchased For: Gift from Snoe (Thank You!)
Will I re-purchase? Yes.
Will I recommend it? Yes.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★☆