About Face: Covergirl TruBlend Minerals Mineral Pressed PowderTuesday, January 20, 2015
I have always opted for dewy skin vs. matte skin. Specially now that pregnancy is making my skin so dry (I am 7 months today!), I definitely need dewy looking skin because I don't want to emphasize my dry skin by making it look even more dry.
For a drugstore brand, this powder has worked so well on my skin. It set my foundation real well without making my skin look overly matte. I think this shade is a really great match for my skin tone. It's not overly yellow or too translucent that it makes the skin really white.
No ghostly cast on flash photography so that one is also a bonus.
|Covergirl TruBlend Minerals Mineral Pressed Powder in Translucent Light, PhP 425|
Looking for a new affordable pressed powder? More after the break!
Let me tell you about it later on.
Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, and Mineralize Skinfinish Perfect Topping. Then one from Physicians Formula: Mineral Glow Pearls. I really like how these mineral powders provide a beautiful sheen finish to the skin without making the skin look glittery. I have tried several powders in the past that have actual glitters which just looks silly! I mean, did you see the post I made about the fake L'Oreal powder I bought? LOL
Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15 and used a powder brush to apply this powder to set it. I love using pressed powders for setting instead of using them alone. Unless they are pressed powder foundations which provide more coverage.
I use it alone on my dry, pregnant skin, and find it to be just enough to disguise rough patches, and even out redness and imperfections which commonly appear on my cheeks. It's very light, glides on the skin smoothly, and is not prone to creasing. It also has never caused breakouts or other problems for me in the past few days that I have been using this.
- Glides on silkily on the skin giving a soft velvet-y finish.
- Does not emphasize dry skin.
- Doesn't emphasize fine lines.
- Versatile! Can be used to set liquid foundation or to be used a lone.
- Conveniently available in SM Watson's.
- Use with a sponge for more coverage, and a brush for a lighter finish.
- Dewy finish on the skin!
- Doesn't have a weird fragrance, safe for sensitive skin.
- Safe for girls or teens.
- Not too shiny like other mineral powders.
- Complements all skin tones, color, and type!
- Perfect for women who would want to wear something on their face but don't like the heavy feel of powder foundation.
- Perfect for hot, humid days this summer.
- Didn't cause my skin any breakouts.
- Compact doesn't provide a separate compartment for the sponge so this could cause oil transfers to the product.
Retail Price: PhP 425.00
Purchased For: Gift from Covergirl Cosmetics (Thank You!)
Will I re-purchase? Yes. Definitely.
Will I recommend it? Yes.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★☆.5