Colour Collection's NEW High Definition Lipsticks (Review+Swatches)Monday, January 26, 2015
So, I received these lippies from my SampleRoom family a couple of months ago and I can't wait to show them to you. If you don't already know, I am a fan of Colour Collection's lipsticks. I have featured them several times in the past because their lippies are highly competitive with high end brands. Seriously. (You can view some of these lippie reviews HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE) and see for yourself.
Colour Collection lipsticks never disappoint. From their highly pigmented shades, moisturizing formulas and most importantly, their affordability, you will get the most out of your money. Let's see if their new high definition lipsticks will be as good as their other lippies in the past.
|Colour Collection High Definition Lipsticks, PhP 399/tube|
Click READ MORE to know more about the new high definition lipsticks from Colour Collection!
Their packaging is pretty simple: chic and simple. Their black packaging and hot pink detail is classic Colour Collection.
Ultimate Wear Lipstick line but those are thinner though and has a flat angled edge. These on the other hand have a typical lipstick tip.
I received three berry shades from this collection: Pink Berry, which is a bright but a little subtle pink shade, Raspberry Red which is a lighter version of a magenta lipstick, and Cinnamon Red which is a spicy pinkish red lipstick. I am curious about the other shades, but I don't have the catalogue with me. I'm sure they have more than just 3 shades. If and when I find out, I will update this post.
They have a semi-glossy finish that instantly sets on the lips when applied, sort-of like a matte feel on the lips but has a bit of gloss on them. Not as glossy as creamy lipsticks though!
Collection 2000 Colour Match Foundation, set with Covergirl TruBlend Minerals Mineral Pressed Powder, SNOE SABStance Blush in Courage, Canmake Nose Shadow Powder, and K-Palette Lasting 2Way Eyebrow in Light Brown, tight-lined with Maybelline Color Show Pencil Liner in Brown, and then I contoured my cheekbones and my temples with MAC Powder Blush in Worldly Wealth.
- Highly pigmented!
- Can last more than 8 hours without retouching.
- Shades available will suit any skin tone and color.
- Transfer proof (when blotted)
- Mechanical tube clicks when twisted, locking the product in place as to not dispense too much product, avoiding breakage.
- Good packaging! Clear mid-section allows you to identify the shades easily from one another.
- Quality sturdy packaging.
- Long-lasting color.
- In spite of the matte-feel of this lipstick on the lips, it won't emphasize dryness or flakes on the lips.
- Shades change every season so these shades may not be available for the next collection.
- Available only via direct sellers/Tupperware sellers.
- Not as moisturizing as the other lipsticks from Colour Collection.
- Might emphasize dry flaky lips, so best to use a lip moisturizer (or exfoliate first before using)
- Needs to be layered to get the full color on your lips.
- For high-definition, it only gives a stained effect on the lips.
- Does not glide on as easily as the other lipsticks from the brand.
Retail Price: PhP 399/tube
Purchased For: Gift from Colour Collection and SampleRoom (Thank you!)
Will I re-purchase? Yes. I would try the other shades!
Will I recommend it? Yes.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★☆☆.5