Maybelline White SuperFresh Arrives in Manila! (Event Photos and Product Review)Friday, January 23, 2015
Last Thursday I attended the launch of Maybelline's White SuperFresh Long Lasting UV Cake Powder. Ever since I received my invite a week before the event, I was so giddy about this new product that Maybelline is bringing in because I am crazy about face powders. Sometimes a good powder is all you need to make your life easier in putting on your makeup in the morning, specially if you're in a rush!
So let me tell you all about this amazing new product from Maybelline, and I will be reviewing the powder after my post on the event.
Before anything else, let me tell you something about this new product. So what exactly is White SuperFresh Powder? It's a face powder that promises that super fresh and matte beauty that lasts up to 12 hours! Amazing, I know right? Now, are you curious too? Find out more after the break!
Upon registering, you can already view the product that Maybelline was launching. By this point, I was really excited to start swatching!
|Cary Noreen Co, Maybelline New York Product Manger|
As for the SuperFresh powder, you can see that water dissipates almost immediately upon spraying it! And when you run your fingers on the powder, it's as if it wasn't sprayed with water.
So the following day, I just had to use this powder on myself and see how it will fair on my very oily T-Zone. I usually oil on my nose just after an hour so I can't wait to see for myself what will happen.
I am not sure as to why it's called WHITE SuperFresh when it's not a whitening product. I guess it makes your skin look bright? Yes, I guess that's it. It's a brightening powder that will give you a BRIGHT matte look all day. So don't get intimidated by the word WHITE. It won't make your face look white.
|This is the real packaging without the sleeve.|
I know that the Maybelline White SuperFresh powder in Malaysia has a different packaging. I attached a photo below too so you can see:
|Photo courtesy of issahhahiraf.com|
SNOE Prime Phenomenon.
Applying the powder only without liquid foundation, the coverage is very good! It has a medium to full coverage, and the powder is not at all drying considering that I have dry skin right now -well, except on the nose area which gets really oily sometime during the day. Click image to view larger.
I would have to say that in my personal opinion, this powder is perfect for women who do not oil as much but sweat a lot. Sweat is different from oil so I guess this powder would be best for use on women who constantly sweat on their brows, lids, and upper lip area. You know who you are, and that includes me!
Maybelline White SuperFresh will be available in Asia only because it is specially formulated for Asian skin! It will be available in stores nationwide in all Maybelline counters starting February 28, 2015!
- Gives good medium to full coverage even when used dry or on it's own.
- Good to use to set liquid foundation as well.
- No cheap, strong fragrance!
- Smoothing velvet finish lasts all day (except for my nose area where it's super oily)
- No need for retouching on other parts of my face.
- Sweat resistant!
- Powder doesn't break easily, I dropped it once and the powder stayed intact!
- Covers minimal dark under eyes well.
- Does not make you look scaly in spite of it being a mattifying product.
- Does not emphasize already dry skin by highlighting dry spots.
- Lightweight feel all day! Skin doesn't look cakey nor too heavily made up.
- Looks very natural.
- Sleek packaging. Extra compartment for the sponge.
- Contains a big mirror inside.
- Hides red patches and other discolorations on the face well.
- Skin looks brighter!
- Refillable! You can just buy the refill when you run out and you can replace the refill easily.
- Skin really feels fresh after applying. Does not make the skin feel tight.
- Applies on the skin smoothly with the sponge.
- When freshly applied, it may look white but it will eventually adjust to the skin tone/shade.
- It didn't do too well with my oily nose. Will check again after I give birth.
- Hopefully they will come up with more dark shades for women with morena skin.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★☆
Retail Price: PhP 299
Purchased For: Gift from Maybelline (Thank you!)
Will I re-purchase? Yes! Definitely.
Will I recommend it? Yes!