My Experience with Philosophy's Hope in a Jar Oil-Free GelTuesday, January 27, 2015
I am the pickiest person on this planet as far as face creams/gels are concerned. Some moisturizers are either too greasy, and some don't moisturize enough. Some cause me to break out almost immediately, while some are just too heavy on the face. So when it comes to moisturizers, I really take my time in reviewing them because I have to really assess if it will go well for me. This is not only because I am pregnant, but ever since, I was a little bit picky when it came to skin care.
I received this Hope in a Jar from Philosophy before Christmas and I was so excited to use it! I have heard so much about this moisturizer that I can't wait to experience it on my own.
|Philosophy Hope in a Jar Oil-Free Gel 60ml, PhP 1,995|
More about Hope in a Jar after the break!
I have always loved Philosophy's packaging. I think there's nothing like it out there. Philosophy is the well-being beauty brand that inspires women to look, live, and feel their best. They enhance the beauty and health of the skin through multi-tasking skin care and feel-good scents. The words on their packaging uplift and nourish the spirit, and inspire beautiful days so women everywhere can feel confident in their unique inner and outer beauty.
So for those of you who have the same oily nose problem, Hope in a Jar Oil Free Gel could be the answer for you. Your skin gets the moisture you need without the added oils! I have noticed the skin becoming more plump, soft and comfortable all day long without the greasy feeling.
The Body Shop's Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet, it's actually more moisturizing than that. The scent is very unique, it's like a fresh herbs and grass. I guess it's safe to say that that's the only thing I didn't like about this moisturizer. It smells really raw to me and again, I don't know if this is just because of my overly sensitive smell during pregnancy. I am betting it's just the pregnancy. So for now, I am saving this moisturizer until after I give birth.
I like the idea of this moisturizer being oil-free, and in spite of that, it really moisturized my skin real fast. It was easily absorbed by my skin in a matter of seconds and instantly quenched my thirsty skin! I need something that would nourish my skin because I have been real dry lately, and this moisturizer does the trick. I love the texture because it's very smooth and easy to apply on the skin. No need to pull and tug the skin!
- Calms dry flaky skin.
- Non-oily, but provides maximum moisture!
- Plumps up the skin.
- Brightens up dull texture.
- Provides minimal exfoliation to reveal new, brighter, healthier skin.
- Can be used during the day or the evening.
- Very lightweight feel all throughout the day.
- Not too creamy that would make you feel oily and sticky!
- Even though it's oil-free, it still moisturizes the skin real well.
- Hydrates the skin in an instant.
- Eventually will correct dark spots.
- Balances the skin.
- Perfect for all skin-types.
- The smell of the moisturizer lasts long after you have applied makeup on top of it which bothers me, but then again, this is just because of my pregnancy that's why I don't like the smell.
- Doesn't come with a spatula, so you would have to double dip your fingers into the jar.
- Doesn't provide sun protection.
Retail Price: PhP 1,995
Purchased For: Gift from Philosophy (Thank You!)
Will I re-purchase? Yes. But I will try the original Hope in a Jar moisturizer next.
Will I recommend it? Yes.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★☆