My love affair with Armani's Luminous Silk FoundationWednesday, January 14, 2015
For my skin tone, it's almost impossible to find the right foundation. And not only because it's so hard to find one that would match my weird pinkish-yellow tone, it has a weird texture too! It's a combination of being dry and oily. But if I use a specific foundation for dry, it overly oils my face, and if I use one for oily skin, it overly dries it!
So finding the right foundation is like finding the right man in your life. Ha! If your facial skin is anything like mine, then I think I may have found the foundation that answers all those issues. Aside from my favorite foundations that suit me: Lancôme ABSOLUE Sublime Rejuvinating Essence Foundation, Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus All-Smooth Makeup SPF15, and Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF15 PA+, I have just added this brand to my short list of foundation that suits me like a match made in heaven!
|Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation 30ml in #3, HK$ 750 (PhP 4,300)|
Sounds like something you have been desperately looking for? Find out more after the break!
I am not exactly sure if I remember the price correctly but it is definitely in the PhP 4,000-4,500 price range, I will ask my sister and get back to you guys on this. I guess the only downside about this foundation is that it is not available in Manila. I had to ask my sister to buy this one for me from Hong Kong, and lucky me, she gifted this to me! (Yay!)
I have read so much great reviews about this foundation online (specially for women with weird skin tones and type like mine!) and I just had to have one for myself to try. My sister tried it at the counter that time and she even bought one for herself. For someone who doesn't wear makeup a lot, she just fell in love with this foundation.
The bottle is quite handy and very easy to bring with you when you travel. With its matte, frosted glass, it makes it easy to clean up too.
SOFFIA Opulence Perfect Skin Foundation Brush when applying my foundations because it leaves the skin streak-free and no hair fall too that gets stuck on your face. It really buffs the foundation nicely on your skin making the foundation look very natural. I would go for this foundation brush any day.
Another option for brushes would be Canmake Cheek Brush, which is actually their blush brush but I use it for foundation as well.
Palgantong Theatrical Powder Face Powder and very light makeup which consists of eyebrow product, and a very sheer dusting of Palgantong POP Cheek Blush on my cheeks. On my lips I am using Maybelline Lip Polish by Color Sensational in Glam 2.
MY THOUGHTSLength of usage before review: on and off for 3 months
- Extremely lightweight!
- Formulated to suit Asian climates even though it is formulated in the US.
- Non-drying. Non-cakey!
- Gives a very luminous and glowing finish even when topped with loose powder.
- Excellent medium-full coverage!
- Good choices of shades that would suit most Filipino skin tones.
- Does not dry the skin, nor make the skin oily after prolonged use.
- Skin adapting capabilities. Melts into the skin to match when applied.
- Soothes fry or flaky skin. Very moisturizing.
- Pleasant smell.
- Economical! Just 1.5 to 2 pumps to cover the entire face and neck area.
- Very flexible. Foundation "moves" with your skin. You won't crease or crack if you apply it as thin as possible. Even on the under eye area!
- Even if you apply just a thin layer, coverage is excellent.
- Glides on smoothly, no need to pull or tug the skin.
- Does not streak!
- Does not make the skin look greasy or oily towards the end of the day.
- Good for young adults to adults, even better and perfect for mature skin.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★++
*I hardly score a 5 plus plus, this is the first product that I have rated with this score.
Retail Price: PhP 4,300 (more or less) or HK$ 750
Purchased For: Gift from my sister.
Will I re-purchase? Yes. Definitely.
Will I recommend it? Yes.