Never Sleep with Makeup On Again with Nivea Cleansing Wipes!Sunday, January 04, 2015
#aboutface #withorwithoutmakeup #comeclean
First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! Well, it's been a crazy holiday break and so I have been hiatus also for the past few days! Not only was I crazy busy, I got sick too! Booo!
But anyway, I'm back, and for my first post of the year, I am posting about Nivea's Cleansing Wipes! Definitely a new good habit to form for the new year: NEVER SLEEP WITH MAKEUP!
I don't know how much of a secret this is, but it is a fact: women has a dark secret-- they've slept with their makeup on -or have been sleeping with their makeup on. Yes, it is something to be ashamed about because some women would think "how much damage could it do for just a night or two?" and the next thing you know, you have formed a habit out of not removing your makeup before going to bed.
|Nivea Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes 25 sheets, PhP 140|
Nivea Pure Effect 3-in-1 Daily Deep Cleansing Exfoliating Wipes 25 sheets, PhP 140
So forget that myth. It's like using shampoo as a facial wash, or hand soap to clean your dishes. They will not do the same good job they were meant to do.
Sounds like something you desperately need? More after the break!
Nivea's Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes come in typical wet wipes packaging which can easily be mistaken with just an ordinary baby wipes bag. So if you are not in the habit of reading labels, best if you start doing now. I can't tell you how many times I went home discovering that I have bought the wrong product!
The NIVEA Gentle Cleansing Wipes softly cleanses the face as it removes makeup and waterproof mascara, hydrates using the Hydra IQ moisture effect, and nourishes with Almond Oil extract. This is ideal for users with dry and sensitive skin.
Formulated for people with dry and sensitive skin (which is very much me!), these wipes are also safe for pregnant women! Extra points for that one!
It's made to do the same purpose: remove makeup, but this variant gently exfoliates the skin that is safe to be used everyday. Formulated to cater to women (or men!) with oily and impure skin.
The NIVEA 3-in-1 Deep Cleansing Exfoliating Wipes combines three effects to make face pure and smooth. First step is to deeply cleanse the skin by using the soft side of the wipes to remove makeup. Next is to exfoliate dead cells using the textured side to reveal a more refined look. Third is to secure the face with a special anti-bacterial formula with active Magnolia extract that prevents impurities without irritating the skin.
- Full coverage liquid makeup set with powder foundation with a brush.
- Brow pencil and gel topped with eyebrow tint mascara.
- Waterproof eye pencil for tight lining, plus 3 coats of volumizing and lengthening waterproof mascara.
- Contouring powder and blush retouched all throughout the day.
- Long-lasting lipstick, retouched all throughout the day.
- A bit of concealer on days I do not sleep very well.
- Not numbered: Contouring powder for the nose.
- BONUS: top all of that with oil, dirt, and sweat from the whole day.
When I first touched the wipes, I thought they actually dried out because it didn't feel as moist as regular baby wipes. It has a very pleasant smell (like skin care), the cloth is thicker and smoother than Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes (plus a much more pleasant smell), and is definitely more powerful than H2O Cleansing Face Wipes. I was so surprised that Nivea's Cleansing Wipes are better in a lot of ways than bigger brands which really impressed me.
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
Length of usage before review: Everyday for the past weeks.
- Non-drying! Moisturizing while being used.
- Non-greasy, no sticky after-feel!
- Smells pleasant.
- Non-irritating. Non-comedogenic.
- No need to use a cleanser after using!
- Completely removes makeup efficiently.
- Convenient packaging. Easy to bring and lightweight.
- No need to follow up with a foaming cleanser after.
- Wipes are not overly moistened that drips everywhere when being used.
- Removes waterproof makeup, including mascara!
- Safe to be used everyday.
- Easily available in all Watsons branches, nationwide.
- Safe for pregnant women, or women with sensitive skin.
- No breakouts after use.
- Non-itchy or tight feeling after use.
- Economical! Just a single sheet can remove your makeup.
- Skin feels clean and smooth after each use.
- It doesn't remove mascara as quickly as oil-based makeup removers, but it does the job well with patience!
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★
Retail Price: PhP 140
Purchased For: Gift from Nivea (Thank you!)
Will I re-purchase? Absolutely.
Will I recommend it? Yes.