Pixy Blush On in Passion RosesSaturday, January 17, 2015
I am a sucker for blush. I love blush specially ones that are pigmented just right. I absolutely adore my Clinique Cheek Pop in Ginger Pop, but lately I have been feeling a little bit bashful and wanting a blush that is more on the pink side. Most of the blushes I have for some reason are more on the orange-coral side and now I want something more pinkish.
I reviewed Pixy Blush on before in Carnation Bloom, which is also on the orange side. I looked at my un-opened makeup stash and found this blush on from Pixy. I didn't even know I had this blush! It's a shade called Passion Roses, which is on the nude side with blue undertones.
|Pixy Blush On Blush in Passion Roses, PhP 285|
Sounds like something you're looking for? More information after the break!
As I have mentioned before, I love imported products to have English instructions which this brand has. It is printed on their box after the instructions printed in Malaysian. So that is always a plus for me.
A lot of people have been telling me to avoid products that have parabens during pregnancy but then, I am not using them superfluously. So I still feel that these parabens are added as preservatives in safe amounts. At least in my opinion.
Carnation Bloom because this is much more wearable for me. I guess you can blend the two shades together to make it a little bit more customized and warmer for women with warmer skin tones, but this shade actually made me wear it a lot lately.
Happy Skin's Get Cheeky with Me Blush in The Morning After which is a soft-pink nude blush that looks very natural. I just find Happy Skin's to be a bit more silky and fine than this blush.
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
Length of usage before review: Everyday for the past month
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Good packaging.
- Not overly shimmery. Soft sheen and sheer.
- Buildable color.
- Wearable shade for everyday!
- Easily blended. No mad skills required.
- Non-chalky formula.
- Suitable for any age above 14 years! Or depends how young you allow your daughter to start wearing makeup. Ha! I started when I was 14!
- Available in limited stores around the Metro only. For now, at least. Hopefully it will be available in more stores soon!
- Colors are sheer. Not highly pigmented, and this makes it very easy to blend.
- Will suit mostly women with cool skin tones.
- Would need retouching after about 4 hours of wear. Best if mixed with other highly pigmented cosmetics or cream blushes to make it last longer.
- Can have a patchy finish if skin is dry.
- Not paraben-free.
Retail Price: Pixy Blush On, PhP 285.00 | Eyeshadow price to be updated
Purchased For: Gift from Pixy Cosmetics (Thank You!)
Will I re-purchase? Yes.
Will I recommend it? Yes.