My first impression on Revlon's Bold Lacquer by Grow Luscious Waterproof MascaraSunday, February 15, 2015
Revlon recently launched a new mascara for Spring of 2014, and that is the Bold Lacquer Length & Volume Mascara. This all new formula promises both length and volume with a lacquer film technology that provides intense color to the lashes and a high shine according to Revlon.
- The Ultimate Black, Bold Definition.
- For volume & length to the nth degree.
- Revlon's first mascara with only high-shine black fibers vs. traditional mascara (dull shades of grey).
- Emma Stone shines in Bold Lacquer Mascara.
- Available in Waterproof.
|Revlon Bold Lacquer by Grow Luscious Waterproof Mascara, PhP 750|
More about this mascara after the break!
Revlon Bold Lacquer Length & Volume Mascara, to be quite honest, is one of those very confusing mascaras that promises so much but delivers so very little. I spent quite some time reading the packaging looking at what it would do to my lashes but when I applied it on, well, let's just say I expected so much more.
Ingredients: Isododecane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Ethylene/VA Copolymer, Paraffin, Cera Carnauba ((Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax) Cire de carnauba), Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Tall Oil Glycerides, Cera Alba ((Beeswax) Cire d abeille), Behenyl Methacrylate/t-Butyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Lysine HCl, Leucine, Alanine, Panthenol, Phytantriol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Propylene Carbonate, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-6, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Caprylyl Glycol.
May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Black 2 (CI 77266).
Kate Tokyo Remake Liquid for Cover, topped with Covergirl TruBlend Minerals Mineral Pressed Powder in Translucent Light, SNOE What’s Up Brow Brow Lash Powder for my brows, and then I contoured and highlighted my face with Happy Skin Feeling Sculptacular Face Contour Kit, for my cheeks, I used Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Colour Balm in Amp'd Up Apple topped with Clinique Cheek Pop in Ginger Pop for a warmer hue, Canmake Nose Shadow Powder for my nose contouring, and for the icing on the cake, for my lips I used Happy Skin Shut Up and Kiss Me Lippie in Red Carpet.
- Does not clump the lashes. Yes, to be fair with this mascara.
- Lightweight on the lashes! Feathery light-feel without the sticky feel.
- Black formula.
- Gives good length on the lashes.
- Readily available in all Revlon counters.
- Tear and sweat-proof.
- Short bristles with straight wand of the brush make it easier to coat from roots to the tips of your lashes.
- Easy to hold and control the wand handle.
- Does not feel heavy on the lids even if you apply a lot of layers. You can layer it by the way, and it won't give you that clumpy gooky mascara look!
- Leaves the hair up but doesn't really look "curled"
- Won't weigh the hairs down.
- Fluttery, feathery, flirty look on the lashes.
- Makes the hairs of the lashes look very black.
- A bit pricey.
- No glossy look as advertised.
- If fibers gets into the eyes, it hurts and stings the eyes.
- Does not hold the curl.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★☆☆.5
Retail Price: PhP 750
Purchased For: Gift from Revlon (Thank You!)
Will I re-purchase? Yes.
Will I recommend it? Yes.