Review+Swatches of Maybelline's Rebel Bouquet Lipsticks by ColorSensationalMonday, July 13, 2015
I love it when it rains lippies! One of my favorite brands, Maybelline has sent me 11 new amazing shades from the REBEL BOUQUET collection! Here's something not a lot of people know: These lippies are called Rebel Bloom in the United States and Rebel Bouquet in the UK, same as here in the Philippines. This new collection is more about bright, colorful floral shades and most of them will suit the Filipina skin tone.
|Maybelline Rebel Bouquet Lipsticks, PhP 299/each|
Are you ready to REBEL? More about these lippies after the break!
Here's the 411 on the collection: The Rebel Bouquet collection is by Color Sensational which promises a burst of rebellious, bold color! Here's why Maybelline says you'll love it: These lipsticks are super-saturated pigments that give fresh-picked pastels a bright kick. Real moisturizing feel that is enriched with honey nectar (yes!), and comes in 11 amazing shades!
By simple looking at the lipsticks on their tubes, I already picked my favorite ones: REB 01, 02, 04, 05, and 08. Let's see the swatches later if my first picks are what I expected!
|(L-R) REB 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06|
I love this new collection because they are extremely hydrating and moisturizing on the lips! I don't like it when lipsticks dry my lips more and cause them to sting and flake. This however, is anything like that!
|(L-R) REB 07, 08, 09, 10, 12|
I know they're described to be on the pastel side of things, but to me the colors are really vibrant and very much alive! I love them since I am a bright lipstick kind if girl.
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
Length of usage before review: 2 weeks
- Honey nectar heals, protects, and moisturizes the lips!
- Extremely moisturizing!
- Smells pleasant.
- Available in a lot of shades to choose from.
- Creamy formula softens dried, flaky lips.
- Beautiful sleek casing.
- Long-lasting! Lasts 6-8 hours. Just blot and reapply to make it last!
- Won't bleed if you blot and re-apply.
- Customizable. You can layer them to create a custom shade.
- Feels and glides on like lip balm, but has the pigment of a matte lipstick.
- Does not crack.
- Easily available in leading department stores and some supermarkets/drugstores.
- Fashionable but wearable shades, all year round!
- Will suit Filipina skin tones.
- Although it's not transfer proof, it leave you with a lot of color even after you eat and drink!
- A couple of shades need to be layered to get full color. But that's ok because some people like the tinted look, plus you can use it to mix with other shades.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★+
Retail Price: PhP 299.00/tube
Purchased For: Gift from Maybelline (Thank you!)
Will I recommend it? Yes.