My thoughts on Revlon's Ultra HD LipsticksMonday, October 05, 2015
When I was 14, one of the first lipsticks I ever bought was Revlon. Remember "Toast of New York"? It was my favorite Revlon shade and I even had the blush to match. I would save up my allowance just so I can keep up with my "luho".
Revlon sent me their new Ultra HD Lipsticks a couple of months back but when I was pregnant, so now I can really tell you what I think of these lippies since I have been using them a lot for the past months because I just love them. Really, I love them.
|Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick, PhP 575 each|
These lipsticks are a newly formulated lippie along with the HD Lacquer Lipgloss that came out a few months back for Fall/Winter 2014. The new Ultra HD Lipstick is available in 14 shades and will be permanently be a part of the Revlon lipstick collection (Yay!).
Unfortunately not a lot is known about the formula as Revlon didn't really doesn’t reveal much and HD in the cosmetic and beauty world pretty much means “flawless”, but when it comes to lipstick what exactly does HD mean? I’m just assuming that it gives a smooth color with an even, smooth finish? Without lines?
The Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick comes housed in a simple and yet very chic silver chromed barrel with a clear cover. I’ve heard a lot of rants about the packaging before I even received these from my other blogger friends. Personally, I think it's really something new and younger looking for Revlon so having this kind of casing for their new lippies is actually very smart of them to capture the attention of the younger demographic.
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
- Glides on easily like lip balm.
- Does not dry the lips.
- Buildable color.
- Actually moisturizes the lips.
- Great color selection.
- Nice packaging. You can see the actual shade because of the clear cover.
- You can create or customize your own shade by mixing two shades, it won't go on top of the other.
- Hydrating. Won't cause the lips to chap or flake.
- Available shades will suit either dark or fair skinned ladies.
- A bit pricey.
- You will have to layer it to avoid making the lips look patchy.
- Fragrance may annoy some people.
- Has a weird sweet smell.
- Not all shades apply the same on the lips.
- Non-transfer proof. But you can blot and reapply to build color and make it last for a few hours.
- Tube doesn't swivel all the way down leaving the tip hanging so you can easily cut off a chunk of the lipstick each time you close the lid.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★☆☆.5
Retail Price: PhP 575
Purchased For: Valentine's gift from Revlon (Thank You!)
Will I re-purchase? Maybe.
Will I recommend it? Yes.