A quick look at Clinique's New Pop Matte Lip Colour+PrimerMonday, October 17, 2016
According to Clinique, matte lippie is the new black. And with this statement, I have to say, I do love a good matte where lips are concerned. Firstly, one of my requirements when choosing a good matte lipstick is 1) they cannot make make my lips more dry, 2) I don't want my lips to flake, 3) I want to barely notice it there, and 4) It's got to be long wearing. My list actually goes on and on when choosing the right matte lipstick, but these 4 will have to do for now. These seem like impossible requirements for one matte product, but they do exist!
|Clinique Pop Matte Lip Colour+Primer in Shock Pop, PhP 1,100|
So this is Clinique's version of the "new matte". Clinique promises us a non-drying, and comfortable texture, that locks in moisture whilst still delivering that high impact colour we are all craving for in basically a single swipe.
Clinique Pop Matte Lip Colour + Primer Features
- Creamy yet lightweight formula, and sets matte on the lips!
- Blurs the lines of a traditional matte lipstick. Bye bye flakes!
- Glides effortlessly onto lips, actually glides on like balm.
- It feels like a cream lipstick on the lips but has a matte finish.
- Built-in primer seals in moisture.
- Non-drying, smooth, suede-like matte finish -matte looks healthy, not dehydrated kind of matte.
- Lip Color hugs the lips
- Highly pigmented colour
- Minimal retouching.
Sleek's Matte Me in Rioja Red, Avon Perfectly Matte Lipstick in Superb Wine, NARS Velvet Matte Pencil in Dragon Girl, and Bobbi Brown Art Stick in Cassis.
Clinique's New Pop Matte Lip Colour+Primer actually reminds me of Happy Skin's Shut Up and Kiss Me Moisturizing Matte Lippies in terms of finish, pigment, and comfortable wear.
MY OVERALL RATING: ★★★★★+