Origins Mega-Mushroom Treatment Lotion is actually multi-purpose!Wednesday, October 19, 2016
I have never been one of those women who, when pregnant, sport really good skin and show a really great pregnancy glow.
As soon as I get pregnant, my skin start to get really dry and itchy, and some parts of my face even start to flake. I have been jumping from one skin care to the next trying to find the best skin care to battle my dry skin dilemma during pregnancy, where makeup doesn't seem to stick on my extremely dry skin too!
Plus, it's so hard to find one that will truly work without the lab-produced chemicals that make skin care work because of the pregnancy. So looking for a natural skin care that would work well (and fast!) is like finding a needle in a haystack.
|Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Limited Edition Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief 200ml, PhP 2,000|
So, if you’re battling with sensitive or dry skin, then this Mega-Mushroom Treatment Lotion may just be what you are looking for. It helps to soothe, comfort and hydrate skin so it looks and feels healthier, more supple and lessens the redness.
A few months ago, Origins and Dr. Andrew Weil developed a new formula for the Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Collection. The range is targeted for people with sensitive skin due to emotional stress and environmental aggressors that will eventually lead to chronic inflammation that manifests on the skin: redness, dryness and even breakouts. In my case? Extreme dry skin due to hormonal change during pregnancy.
- Sea Buckthorn Berry - Used in traditional Chinese, Tibetan and Mongolian medicine for over a thousand years, this anti-irritant and anti-oxidant helps shield skin from cruel aggressors that can lead to increased sensitivity and irritation.
- Chaga Mushroom - Powerful anti-irritant and antioxidant originating from Germany that helps promote natural cellular integrity, a byproduct of chronic inflammation.
- Cordyceps Mushroom - This legendary miracle mushroom from China and is known to create cellular energy called ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate), which is for the skin's protective skin barrier.
- Rishi Mushroom - Originating form China this mushroom is known as the "mushroom of immortality" and immediately quiets and calms the skin.
- Essential Oil Blend - Organic Orange Oil, Organic Mandarin Oil, Organic Patchouli Oil, Organic Geranium Oil, Organic Lavender Oil and Organic Olibanum Oil.
This extra-light treatment lotion features Dr. Andrew Weil’s famed Mega-Mushroom blend in a new Mega value size of 400ml for only PhP 3,100! Whaaat?!
- FACE -Of course, as you may have assumed already, this treatment lotion is for the face. This is the main use of this product, and I got instant results. I am super in love with the smell too so I use this morning and evening after cleansing.
- UNDERARMS -Yes, you read that right! My underarms have changed for the worse ever since I turned 6 months pregnant, and the chicken skin seemed to have returned with the vengeance. And since the underarm area is a sensitive area, I thought, "why not?" So I started applying this treatment lotion with a cotton pad on my underarm area every evening and the results are amazing. In just a week (or less), I noticed the chicken skin are barely visible now and you can hardly feel it when you touch it, and the area has DEFINITELY lightened. I continue to use this every evening and everyday I notice changes.
- NECK -Ugh. I hate it when people who I barely know say "buntis ka nga! Ang itim ng leeg mo!" ("You're definitely pregnant! Your neck is so black!") It really makes me conscious but what can I do right? They say applying Eskinol on the area will improve it, but sadly, it sort-of just made it worse. Because those contain alcohol, it sort-of burned the surface of the skin making it look darker. I started using the Mega-Mushroom on my neck (all around the neck) and in just a few days, it's not as dark anymore. I don't even have those visible lines there now, they seem to have faded in just a few uses.
- INNER THIGHS -So, now that I am 8 months pregnant, my thighs have been chaffing like crazy because my thighs are now inseparable. And because of this, when I get home, my sweaty thighs are now read from the constant rubbing together and have caused them to feel and look so raw -Ouch! Again, I turned to this amazing product, and what do you know. It relieved the redness and rawness of the area, and it actually "healed" it. Of course my thighs still rub constantly specially during long walks, but in the evening, this treatment lotion soothes the area and it prevents the skin from further damage!
My favorite brand of cotton pads is Cleene. I prefer the ones with the stitched sides but those haven't been available in Landmark for a while so their other variant is the next bet thing. It doesn't fall apart while you're using it!
I love how soft and supple my skin is after each use, and sometimes when I get so lazy, I skip the serum and the moisturizer and just apply MM and my skin does not feel tight at all. It still feels like I used a moisturizer. It's that effective.
I also noticed that my skin looks really hydrated and absolutely dullness-free. I have received so many compliments how my skin is just radiant and no one suspects that I only get 4 hours of sleep every night!
Origins Boutique is now open and is located at the G/F of SM Makati.